Group kick

SheepDog

A weapon to fight for pioneer 2...
after talking to a few people here and ingame its not known as to whether you can kick people in your party, if you could make this possible soda it would be great, i generally dont like it when ppl join my party as a level 1 and call me a fing n00b. so a method to kick ppl would be nice but yeah i'm being rather selfish with this.

Nikki

meh...
There's a few pros and cons to this.

Pros:
-You get idiots out of your room faster, so if someones spamming, afking for extended periods of time, or being an insulting prick
-you can boot people who wont leave your games, especially if you've reserved space for others.

Cons:
-It leads to enforcing safe space "hugbox" mentality by giving players power. Example "Wow this player is better than me I better boot them so my feewings dont get hurt :(". (This isn't healthy and this way of thinking should never be backed)
-it leads to bad mentality enforcement opposite of what I stated above. Example "wow this player is really bad, screw giving them time to learn the game better boot them"
-If not left to a unanimous full vote or room leader only(not just majority)It can be abused heavily depending on implementation to steal rooms from people and eject them from their own games

Vote kicks in every community have been pretty cancerous and often abused to ones own needs rather than used properly. In my humble opinion, it's better to deal with them and move on. By reacting to idiots you're giving them power. Just literally don't say anything, use the /ignore command and eventually they'll leave. If they try anything beyond that the moderation will handle it. Thats what we pay these losers for (Not).

Personally I'd love to see the feature, but logic dictates it'd just be abused then removed. We cant have nice things in this community because of the people in it.

tl;dr ignore morons, play PSO, acquire redboxes like we're all here for. =p In the future if you're having a problem with a player, /ignore them, then go into your ephinea psobb directory, get the log in logs folder and ctrl+F what they said, and show it to @Sodaboy @Matt @tofuman or @ToasterMage (sorry for all the tags guys.)

Also welcome to the server, the PSO community still kinda sucks but there's nice people here.

reason

Bug Man...
The benefits outweigh the cons.

I have always wanted this function for years.
Many times a random player joined my reserved rooms, and wouldn't leave.

Only the Host of the room should be able to kick people. (like warpall on sandbox)
Vote kicking is lame in my opinion, and takes forever.

Last edited:

Nikki

meh...
There might be a better middleground to that actually @reason. A command that only allows set players to join your games by adding them to a whitelist. I mean, a password pretty much accomplishes this (like I think some will point out) but you don't always have one that you can give out in public for one, and two collecting guild cards can be a pain.

Kyu

Imagine the odds being in your favor.
logic dictates it'd just be abused then removed.

This.

Anyways if you can't deal with people in-game/party then you can always solo. There are good people in this community you just have to find out who.

In the end you have to take the good with the bad simple as that.

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I personally believe we'd be better with a kick function than without, actually. If people would kick anyway, you probably wouldn't want to know them in the first place and it gives ordinary / good people the power to remove bad people from their games.

You cannot expect people to be friends, and since we have DPP here, people wouldn't be kicking to ensure they got all the boss drops (ala PSU). People would be kicking because:

1. They're a dick (i.e. why play with them anyway?)
2. Someone is being a dick (i.e. someone you don't want to play with)

A lack of a kick function does not improve things between people (look at all the drama and tensions anyway), nor does it actually change anything (people will still avoid people regardless). All modern games have it for a reason; just let the leader kick and nobody else.

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
"Most modern games have it"
uhhh
Like, maybe I do play a lotta old ass games, but vote kicking is the only thing remotely close to being a common feature in "modern games" (in my experience). In games I've played where leader kick is a thing, the default settings are invite only anyway. Get anywhere near matchmaking and the kicks stop being a thing or turn to votes.

....regardless, I personally don't think it's gonna be an issue either way, since we don't regularly run more than 100 active players. And most of our dicks keep to themselves. theres a joke somewhere in here...

The only legitimate use I could see for this would be kicking people who ignore room specifications like "130+No FO," but that doesn't really seem to be an issue here. If you don't want to play with "bad" players then don't make open rooms. If you legitimately get offended by anything anyone says or does in an online game to the point where you feel the need to do anything more than ignore it, then you're just as childish as they are.

Ade

Curse Breaker
There's no need to add a kick feature. It could legitimately be used to screw people out of drops.

I could see it now:

I'm the party leader. I'm running 2-man TTF and the party gets the RR drop notification. I'm right by the drop zone and I didn't get it. Player 2 is on the other side of the arena, and I'm pissed off, so I kick him before he can make his way across the map to claim it.

The lock / ignore features work just fine. I haven't had to deal with any haters for a long time. Don't add kicking: it WILL be abused.

fishhao

Wisest Ramar on Ragol
Lol, you'd have to be pretty petty to do that

I also think RES, pass and ignore is good enough. If people ignore the RES and refuse to leave, you can just send/receive GCs and messages to each other for a pass and make a new game. Or you can let them play and add him to your small circle of friends to play with later.

If a kick command is added, I think it should only be allowed before starting a quest, or after 10 minutes or something to avoid the petty people in the above example situation.

iceman288

Just some personal thoughts about these:

The benefits outweigh the cons.
I have always wanted this function for years.
Many times a random player joined my reserved rooms, and wouldn't leave.

I also think RES, pass and ignore is good enough. If people ignore the RES and refuse to leave, you can just send/receive GCs and messages to each other for a pass and make a new game. Or you can let them play and add him to your small circle of friends to play with later.

As a new player, I had no idea what "res" meant and I didn't figure it out for several weeks and that was only because someone mentioned it on the forums. If someone wasn't reading the forums, I would call it very possible or even probable that a player that joins a "res" game doesn't have any idea that it meant reserved. Take it easy on those people. :)

As most people mentioned above, I think that setting a pass is good enough and vote kicking isn't necessary. I have no problem leaving a room if people are waiting on someone else to join, but if you've booted me out for a reason I don't understand, it seems personal and might keep me from wanting to play with the people in that room in the future. This community is small enough that you're likely going to see each other again and by allowing people to take power trips, it alienates others. For Ephinea's purposes, I think the cons way outweigh the benefits.

SheepDog

A weapon to fight for pioneer 2...
In reading some of these posts points have been brought out to me i had not considered, combine that with the fact that i posted this suggestion at 3am my time, maybe it isn't such a good idea to add groupkicking/votekicking.