Greetings, Salutations!

Villain

Greetings, Salutations!

Nice server. It's been like over a week since I made my account on here, so I'm still getting started. I see that there are some experienced players from around the world seeking the next best thing to vanilla PSOBB. Then there's this subforum where programmers can get technical while I'm playing with some players on Ephinea here, so that's a plus. So yeah, I like to be a part of the enhanced vanilla PSOBB experience here since every other server seems to diverge greatly from this ideal.

I used to play on a handful of servers like Eden, Ultima, Genocide. I'm hoping that this server will be so smooth that I won't even notice a Red Ring or Parasitic Gene "Flow" until I'm old or something amazing happens here. So yeah, I changed my mind on the poll by voting no, but I know it won't change a thing since the majority will want those drops. I just know that it'll take such a long time to get any one of those items that voting yes would be as useful as voting no, provided that you think that you're super casual.

EDIT FROM @brionac (Me).

Last edited:
Welcome to Ephinea, Villain, glad to have you around.

I'm always up for a game so don't hesitate to ask!
Good luck and Happy hunting

Villain said:
PS: I just tried out the character data download link, which is pretty much for fun as I have read. Still, can anybody open a .psochar file with a specific program or something for fun?[/size]
There isn't a program. It's just the straight binary blob of your data that is easy for import or looking at in a hex editor. It's actually quite easy to write a program for viewing or editing it. (This is why we'd never reimport your file for you unless our own backups failed.)

The structure of the file can be found in ship_server.c in the old version of Tethealla or def_structs.h in the new version.

You can basically define the structure in your own program, read the file into it, and handle it that way.

Back