Gracewire trojan?

navi

I've been curious about playing PSO1, so i decided to check out this server and reading through the false positive threads and trusting the game. But when I opened the launcher, windows defender detected a trojan I didn't see listed on the forum. Is it another false positive, or is it unheard of?

The game causes false positive, just whitelist/exclude ephinea.dll and the main ephinea folder. No idea what ''gracewire'' is.

I just scanned the files and got the GraceWire alert on ephinea.dll. To be more exact, it's being flagged as a TrojanDropper. In the case of GraceWire, the trojan is typically deployed by having the user open a malicious Excel spreadsheet downloaded via a phishing email so the MO doesn't match. Also, after playing PSO, I found no evidence that the GraceWire trojan was actually deployed on my PC.

Ah... another day, another random different trojan detected. Modern day AV signature detection is pretty garbage.

I feel that antivirus software frequently stumbles over a fine line between becoming the very thing it's attempting to block.

Back