Give Newmans 200 materials instead of 150.

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Some of you may remember that schthack did this back in the day and while we don't want to follow down the footsteps of that place, this was certainly one of the few changes that was actually good imo.

Right now:
Casts get 150 but as they don't have mind it becomes easy to cap these classes.
Humans get 250 which makes it easy to cap these classes.
Newmans get 150 and it's horrible trying to max stats for these classes.

I'd go as far as to say Sega are racist bigots towards these beautiful pointy-eared creatures :rolleyes:

So my proposal is to add 50 (or even 100 to be same as HUmans) materials to make Newmans easier to max. This doesn't change gameplay whatsoever nor is it game-breaking since the caps will remain as they are obviously and stats like DFP/EVP are not really ''essential'' in PSO anyways. The biggest benefits I see other than being able to max stats on Newmans (possibly; still going to be rough) is using certain weapons earlier (Clio on HUnewearl, Tyrells on FOney etc) and FO's possibly not having to switch mags for melee/nuking.

Last edited:
I second this but its not just sprinkles, its the whole cake!

And you can eat it too!

I don't see what this could break. It sounds like something Sega should have done themselves.

I'd say the biggest reason why its hard for Newman to max their stats is cause they have so much ata they have to build.

Rune is actually correct here, it's not just mat limitations that are the sole issue. The growth is possibly a bigger factor. Not like it matters since it wont happen. -shrug-

This is actually a beautiful suggestion. FOs naturally ARE supposed to be tricky and complex to use which is why they were referred to as expert/advance level players. Although I dun really see a reason to polish FOnewms/FOnewearls this way, I do see it as a strange concept on HUneys. I like the idea tho since the Doc already said it,

This doesn't change gameplay whatsoever nor is it game-breaking since the caps will remain as they are obviously and stats like DFP/EVP are not really ''essential'' in PSO anyways.

Only thing I'm wary of is that allowing changes like this might just make that snowball effect amongst players to want more and more since we all are greedy vets :3

I'm really torn on this one. This doesn't change max stats at all, so the Meta isn't adversely impacted. I think it's important that the server always commits to that, as other servers have attempted to address game balance with varying degrees of success. At this point, everyone knows the class "tiers" and what to expect with a certain class. Any class can beat the game easily at high level, too.

I'd say this change would fall into the same vein as updating the Episode 2 drops charts: Sega made obviously bad / lazy design choices with many aspects of the game. It's conceivable that we could assert maximum materials usage as one of them.

So yeah, not opposed. If the Admins deem it too un-vanilla I would understand.

(Not sure if my stamp of approval is worth anything, but I think I've demonstrated I reason through my ideas carefully. I think the OP did the same.)

Edit: I only have one Newman character so I'm not agreeing with this just for my own benefit :p

I'd say the biggest reason why its hard for Newman to max their stats is cause they have so much ata they have to build.
Rune is actually correct here, it's not just mat limitations that are the sole issue. The growth is possibly a bigger factor. Not like it matters since it wont happen. -shrug-

Well, I won't argue that their growth isn't awful; it really is, but changing that would go into the territory of gameplay as it would require changing stats etc and that is something this server & the majority of it's playerbase does not want (afaik)! The whole adding materials should at least help this growth without affecting any actual stats. Also, I don't think ATA is the biggest issue here, both Humans and Casts have comparable ATA but with way less MST to build and then a good amount of materials based around that. Newmans just got the shit end of that stick.

Back