Game won't launch

ragnar723

Hello all,

So, I read through the faq, and the thread on here and I still can't seem to get the game to launch. I have the resolution set to the lowest possible setting. I have disabled Windows Defender. I did the troubleshooting from the readme. I am on Windows 10, I simply downloaded the game from the main website and installed, created my account and then tried to run the game. All that happens is a window pops up and closes immediately, a little section of the screen says press the windows key + G to start and nothing happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I am superexcited to start playing PSOBB again. I am almost there

Dick you click the option to have it launch in window mode along with changing the resolution to lower setting

Attachments

• thing.png
    thing.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 4
Are you running the game in compatibility mode for xp service pack 2?

Attachments

• thing.png
    thing.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 4
Yes, I have that for every exe in the folder. I tried both service pack 2 and 3. I've still not gotten it to work. I've been trying and tinkering with things every day. I might try and reinstall after. I posted this on r/PSO on Reddit and everyone just said to whitelist it with my AV which I have done. I remember having a similar issue when I first setup for schthack back in the day, but I can't recall what I did to resolve the issue, plus that was Windows 7 I think.

ive suddenly had similar happen to me just now.:[ i was just playing and then closed the game. then go to play again the updater goes and updates the pso.exe then i press start then nothing no booting of the game at all no window pop up nothing. ive tried restart pc to reinstalling with no luck.

Edit:got it working again. i dont know what went wrong.might be defender but now have new issue of freezing and game closes, this happens when fighting. dont know what is happening.

Last edited:
Back