Game update #2 for August 28th, 2022 (8/28 ゲームアップデート #2)

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Sorry, some bug fixes:

- New Depth of Field shader now does not break when pulling up F12 menu.
- SSAO is no longer affected by fog.
- Made dgVoodoo auto RAM calculation automatically assume the user will be using PSO Addons and reserve extra memory for them.

Alright! I think that's it!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
申し訳ありません、いくつかのバグ修正を行いました。

- F12メニューを開いても、被写界深度シェーダが壊れないようになりました。
- SSAOがフォグの影響を受けないようになりました。
- dgVoodooの自動RAM計算で、PSOアドオンの使用を想定し、そのためにメモリを余分に確保するようにしました。

以上です! これで全部だと思います!

I can't say for sure, but it kinda looks like the post processing is stuck rendering at maybe 1080p regardless of native resolution set. It's definitely creating some chunky pixels whatever it is.

I can't say for sure, but it kinda looks like the post processing is stuck rendering at maybe 1080p regardless of native resolution set. It's definitely creating some chunky pixels whatever it is.
Could be your settings. I don’t have that issue and I’m sure it’d be more widespread complaints if that were the case for most people.

Try in pure DX9 mode and see what it looks like there if you’re using DGV.

Definitely does not look like 1080p on my end.

Also check each shader by toggling it to see which one could be giving you issues.

Could be your settings. I don’t have that issue and I’m sure it’d be more widespread complaints if that were the case for most people.

Try in pure DX9 mode and see what it looks like there if you’re using DGV.

Definitely does not look like 1080p on my end.

Also check each shader by toggling it to see which one could be giving you issues.
Seems to just be the DOF and it happens in dx9 as well. It might just be the shader itself and nothing is technically wrong, sorry if that's the case.

Seems to just be the DOF and it happens in dx9 as well. It might just be the shader itself and nothing is technically wrong, sorry if that's the case.
You don’t need to apologize for anything, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess you’ve bothered to not adjust anything about the shader.

As I posted, shaders can be configured by editing the effectparams.txt file.

My defaults may not be the defaults you enjoy.

There is a variable that adjusts the DOF blur intensity. It is the final value of the DepthOfField line in the text file.

I play the game at SSAA 2x and a value of 25 provides a nice blur for me at that level.

You may think this is too chunky at your resolution or setup, so back down the 25 to something like 7 or lower. Whatever looks good to you.

You can edit this file while the game is running and press CTRL+L to apply the settings immediately after saving the file.

Back