Game pad controller config?

RamenParty

Hey, I'm a long tie fan of the series, but totally new to playing it on a pc. I'm trying to get either a gamecube controller with an adapter, or a wii u pro controller to work and I'm finding no success. My computer is recognizing the pro control but even after mapping inputs to an xbox control or keyboard, PSOBB is not seeing any inputs. I'm using WiinUPro. Any ideas?

BB is an old game that uses DirectInput, not XInput, so you'll need drivers that allow your controller to be seen as a DirectInput device.

Have you tried using it without emulating a x360 controller? I have been playing up to yesterday using a PlayStation 2 controller adapted into USB without any additional programs (just had to remap it in the game settings). Yesterday I bought a PS4 controller, was super excited to use it with PSOBB because holy shit that controller is great, but now I'm having trouble doing that when using the controller via bluetooth

TLDR: older controllers work better than newer ones in that game for me :v

EDIT: By connecting the Dualshock 4 via the USB and disabling DS4Windows (the tool that emulates a 360 controller), the controller worked perfectly. That, makes me a very happy man.

Last edited:
Back