Game keeps crashing a few seconds on WIndows 10

Unicornguy

I just recently downloaded and installed the game and I keep crashing a few seconds after launching the actual game. The Furthest I've gotten is to the menu screen. I've tried different compatibility modes and different resolutions and options ,but I have no such luck getting the game to run. Is there anything else that I could do to help the game to run? I've tried Administrator mode too. Is there a crash log I could dump?

I'm a windows 10 user as well. Assuming you are running in in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) (I also run mine in the 640x480 resolution), I would say you should probably make some exclusions for Ephinea in your antivirus as that may be what's causing you grief.

I'm a windows 10 user as well. Assuming you are running in in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) (I also run mine in the 640x480 resolution), I would say you should probably make some exclusions for Ephinea in your antivirus as that may be what's causing you grief.

It still crashes for me when I try that too. It's not even a consistent amount of time for when it crashes it just crashes randomly

It still crashes for me when I try that too. It's not even a consistent amount of time for when it crashes it just crashes randomly

If there is a place for you to dump the crash log that would help for sure (I'm actually new to the Ephinea forums so I'm not sure where that would be if it's around / if I have the authority to help you beyond that point.)

Otherwise, I would say you could try adding Ephinea to the data execution prevention windows setting as its caused problems in the past for other servers.

If there is a place for you to dump the crash log that would help for sure (I'm actually new to the Ephinea forums so I'm not sure where that would be if it's around / if I have the authority to help you beyond that point.)

Otherwise, I would say you could try adding Ephinea to the data execution prevention windows setting as its caused problems in the past for other servers.

I've done that. Is there a crash log? I'd like to dump the crash log to this forum.

I've done that. Is there a crash log? I'd like to dump the crash log to this forum.

Tried to run it with no other processes running? Maybe something is intefering or tampering with the game’s memory while it is running.

In addition to adding exceptions to your anti-virus. You want to make sure it doesn't' have multiple "modules" where you have to exceptions to.

Initially I had problems as my avast! kept deleting something. I added an exception to one module (real time protection) to find out I needed to add it to another place (behavior shield/module).

Tried to run it with no other processes running? Maybe something is intefering or tampering with the game’s memory while it is running.
In addition to adding exceptions to your anti-virus. You want to make sure it doesn't' have multiple "modules" where you have to exceptions to.

Initially I had problems as my avast! kept deleting something. I added an exception to one module (real time protection) to find out I needed to add it to another place (behavior shield/module).

I disabled Avast and quit a couple of programs that were running in the background and deleted some stuff on my hard drive and it seems to be running around now. I was able to log in and run around ,but I have no idea what to do so I'll have to wait for my friends to get back on.

Okay. Let us know if the issue comes back again. We do know this:

1. Avast might possibly be the problem (this would be easiest to start with).
2. Determine what programs were running in the background that you closed. One at a time activate them and see if the problem comes back.
3. Something you deleted off your computer was causing the problem.

Back