Game Download link not working on new computer

en4cer

Guildcard
Hey,

I recently purchased a new computer, but was unable to directly migrate my files over from my old computer, leaving me having to start the new computer from scratch.

While trying to setup the Wine PSOBB client on my new Mac, I ran into a problem. The problem is that the "Game Download" link on the pioneer2.net homepage will not work for my new computer. I click the link, and the loading animation starts on the tab at the top of the page, but the window that you have to click "OK" on in order to start the download never shows up.

Are there any other locations that the installer is hosted on? Or is it just the homepage?

Please say that someone can help me with this peculiar issue.

Thanks,
En4cer

@Matt @Sodaboy

View media item 2025
Yup, this seems to be exactly the problem.

@Matt & @Sodaboy : Can one of you 2 please fix this issue?

If you scroll down to the last post in that thread, I described a workaround. You should be able to download the game by deleting your browser's HSTS settings for pioneer2.net and then revisiting the homepage by typing ephinea.pioneer2.net into your address bar.

Don't type pioneer2.net into your address bar because that triggers the issue.

Hi, this should be resolved for the game download now. files.pioneer2.net now uses SSL.

Will have to talk to tofuman about the wiki as it's on a separate server that I don't directly administer.
VIVA Le Soda-Samas! <3

Hi, this should be resolved for the game download now. files.pioneer2.net now uses SSL.

Will have to talk to tofuman about the wiki as it's on a separate server that I don't directly administer.

Got it working now. Thanks very much @Sodaboy !!!!

Also Tagging @tofuman so he can see the problem with the wiki.

UPDATE: Tofuman has been successfully contacted about the issue with the wiki, and will be moving "the site to another server so I can assign an SSL so it'll be a few days most likely."

So hopefully those affected by the lack of SSL on the wiki will see relief soon.

UPDATE 2: Tofuman has successfully applied SSL to the wiki, so all those who were previously unable to access it because of the lack of SSL should be able to do so now.

Back