Frequently Asked Questions (Work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime

Bonsai Trees
Staff member
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
If you have a question that isn't answered, post it in the Quick Question - Quick Answer Thread!
If you'd like to add anything, feel free to send me a message.

Ctrl+F is your friend

Server Questions: Ephinea FAQ
Q: I get a trojan warning while running PSOBB.
A: There's a good chance it's a false positive, try adding the PSO Folder to your antivirus' whitelist.

Q: A message popped up at the top of the screen saying my game was desynched. What does that mean/what should I do?
A: This means that your client is desynced from the server. As soon as you see this message, avoid picking up, dropping, banking, selling items as it could result in losing items. Go back to lobby and change blocks and/or logout ASAP.

Q: I saw someone hacking, or doing something offensive, what should I do?
A: DO NOT POST A THREAD ABOUT IT. Take a screenshot for proof and PM it to one of the GMs. (Matt, Ryan, Carnage, Mewplushie, Anime)

Q: If I pipe up and down repeatedly, will it force rare monsters to spawn?
A: No. Piping for rare monsters doesn't work on Blue Burst.

Q: This guy I was trading with took my item and left! What should I do?
A: If you're trading something important, always use the trade window. Report them to a GM, but you won't get your item back.

Gameplay Questions:

Q: How do I assign skills/items to the bar on the bottom of the screen:
A: Go to Customize like you're adding things to the action panel and then press the corresponding number to set the selected spell/item to the bottom bar.

Q: Someone stole my items! What do I do?
A: If someone tricked you into a situation where they stole your items, you should message a GM and provide all information you can, including, but not limited to, the name of the offender, the offender's guild card #, and chat logs. Also, don't drop your items for strangers.

Q: What section ID is best for "X" class?
A: Section-ID Guide

Q: How do I use the chair in lobbies/do other e-motes?
A: Alt+I is the chair, Alt with other letters does various things. Holding the Shift Key allows you to use emotes of the opposite gender.

Q: How do I change weapons quickly?
A: Ctrl + End by default, and you can use the arrow keys to switch between weapons items and techs/traps.

Q: I found a ___ (Mind, Luck, Power, Evade, Def, HP, TP) material, what do I do with it?
A: Each material increases its respective stat, and each of the different races has a max number of materials they can use.
Newmans and Newearls can use a total of 150 Standard Materials and 125 Hp/Tp Materials (each!), and Mars/Marls can use 250 Standard Materials and 125 Hp/Tp Materials.

Q: How do I make a Team?
A: Go up to the game desk in the lobby where you create/join games and select Team.

Quest Questions:

Q: What is C-mode?
A: C-mode is challenge mode. You play through a number of stages (does not have to be done all at once) and at the beginning of each you are given set equipment/items and must survive to the end. If you complete all stages in under 7 hours for Episode 1 or 5 hours for Episode 2 you receive an S-Rank Weapon.

Q: Where are the maps for C-mode?
A: Episode 1
Episode 2
This has all the maps for Episode 1 C-mode and all you need to know about Episode 2 C-mode. No Stage 4/5 maps for Episode 2 though. Stage 5 is very straight forward since it's towers so you don't have to worry about it. Below are two maps for Episode 2 Stage 4.
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mihara/sakura/pso/ep2_challenge/
http://psoep.zdap.jp/challenge/index.html

Q: What quest has the most “X” (insert random monster name) in it?
A: New Monster Finding Guide

Q: What do all the abbreviations people use mean, such as RT, TTF, PoD, etc?
A: They are different quests. TTF = Towards the Future, RT = Respective Tomorrow, PoD = Point of Disaster, BPD = Black Paper Deal.

Q: How do I do the quest Black Paper's Deal or Black Paper's Deal 2?
A: BPD1, BPD2

Q: What is the best quest for unsealing items?
A: Beyond The Horizon (Previously known as Realms of War.)

Q: How do I get the various class walls? (Hunter Wall, Ranger Wall, Force Wall, )
A: In Episode 2, go to the quest Gallon's Shop (under Shop). Go through the one of the doors on the left as you leave the guild counter area, and there will be someone who teleports you to Gallon's Shop. Play the various mini games, and once you get 300 points, you can buy one of the class walls.

Q: What are the various rewards for the Government Quests?
A: Check this list here.

Item Questions:

Q: What do %'s do on weapons?
A: Native, A. Beast, Machine and Dark add the % to the weapons ungrinded ATP. In other words if you weapon has 300 atp and you have 50% to Dark it will be like your weapon has 450 when hitting a dark type enemy. The modification does not include your base ATP. Hit % is describe a few questions down.

Q: My rare has negative percents. Does this mean it does less damage?
A: Not in the first four areas no; you can avoid getting negative %, which register as having 0% in that area. When tekking a weapon, always wait for the percents to go 10 above what the weapon had when it was untekked. If the tekker shows you anything else, leave it as it is and try again. It might take quite a few tries, but it's worth getting the most out of your weapon. Negative hit% however, will subtract from your ATA

Q: What does Hit % do?
A: For every % of Hit, one ATA is added while you have that weapon equipped.

Q: Does negative Hit % lower your ATA?
A: Yes it does.

Q: What's the maximum attack speed I can get via items like Black Odoshi Domaru, Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou, V101, etc.?
A: 40% Is the attack speed cap. V101, Heavenly/Battle, and Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou all give 40% attack speed.

Q: How do I tell whether my item comes from BPD or not?
A: All items from BPD have minstat (for armors) or no % (for weapons). If an item cannot have variable stats or is a unit, then it is no different from BPD or not.

Q: What's an S-Rank?
A: It's a weapon obtained from Challenge Mode, and you can add unreduced specials to it for a set number of PDs.

Q: What is the difference between an unreduced and a reduced special?
A: Reduced specials either have a reduced activation rate (paralysis, confusion, freeze, instakill) or a reduced effect (HP steal, TP steal, fire/lightning elemental damage, Demon's/Devil's) (might be some I missed).
All weapons 9* or lower have reduced specials for any weapon type other than single-hit, single-target weapons (like sabers, handguns, and force weapons).
Most 10* and rarer weapons have unreduced specials (but not all--Asteron Belt has reduced Hell based on my testing, for instance). The amount of reduction varies by weapon type and I don't know the amounts. Sacrificial specials are unaffected by reduction.

Q: What is this bonus that androids get to certain specials?
A: Blizzard, Arrest, and Chaos series specials (that includes things like Ice and Seize) gain a +30% bonus chance to activate when used against an enemy. King's series gains a +30% bonus to experience stolen.
Note that these bonuses only affect play in Ultimate difficulty, so you won't notice the difference in Normal, Hard or Very Hard.

Q: Do humans get any bonuses to specials?
A: Not really. It may seem that way, though, since droids get a penalty to Demon's and Devil's in ultimated difficulty (no penalties in other difficulties). Those specials normally reduce and enemy's HP by 75% and 50% respectively, but droids only cause 45% and 25% reduction.

Q: What are the differences between all the force classes?
A: They all get bonuses to different techniques, as follows:
Fomar = +30% Grants, +30% All normal(Gi-type) techs 2x Shifta Deband range
Fomarl = +50% Grants, 2x Shifta Deband, Anti and Resta range
Fonewm = +30% All normal and hard (Gi and Ra type) techs
Fonewearl = +30% All Simple (Foie, Barta, Zonde) techs 2x Resta and Anti range and Automatic piercing of Megid (can hit multiple enemies) Other Forces can do this with Demonic Fork/Cursed Cloak

Q: How do I add specials to S-Ranks?
A: First, play the East Tower quest. Talk to Hopkins and visit Paganini before leaving Pioneer 2 (he's in the same place as in Gallon's Shop), then finish the quest and collect the data from the computer-thing on the top floor.Then simply go to Paganini in Gallon's Shop and he'll offer to add specials to "ES Weapons" (a.k.a. S-Ranks).
You only have to play East Tower once per character to be able to add specials to any number of S-ranks on that character.

Q: How do I sphere weapons?
A: See the above question. After doing East Tower and gathering the data in it for Paganni start up West Tower. Talk to Paganni before going on your mission. The data is in seabed this time. Make sure to talk to Paganni before leaving the game. He will now offer to increase the various enemy %s of your weapons in the Gallon's Shop quest. For a set price of course. He won't boost S-Ranks. S Ranks can't have %s because that's where the custom name data is.

Q: What does the unit Smartlink do? I don't see it affecting my stats.
A: Smartlink removes the innate range penalty from Hunters and Forces.

Q: When I am unsealing a Lame or SJS, do kills with techs count while I have the sword equipped?
A: Yes, as long as you have the sword equipped. All kills that occur simultaneously will not be counted correctly until you switch ships or relog. Example being Rafoie killing a group. The client will think it's 1 kill until you relog or switch ships. The same goes for killing multiple enemies with one attack.

Q: If I am trying to unseal something, does it lose the kills on it if I de-equip it?
A: No, it doesn't.

Q: Does a kill count for unsealing if I just tag it either with damage or Jellen/Zalure?
A: No, you have to land the killing blow.

Q: Is there a way to tell how many kills an item with a kill counter has?
A: Type /killcount with the item equipped.

Q: Do bosses count as more than one kill for unsealing?
A: No, just one.

Q: Do all monsters count for unsealing?
A: Everything except for the little diamonds that float beside Chaos/Gran Sorcerers.

Q: What affects the damage done by Divine Punishment? (The special of Mille Marteaux, Heaven Punisher and Heaven Striker + Striker Unit, on even beats)
A: Damage dealt depends on the enemy's light resistance, or ELT. Also, 4 points in Mind will had 1 point of damage. %'s (including hit) have nothing to do with punishment damage.

Q: What do the various ID cards (Purplenum Card, Whitill Card, etc.) do?
A: Nothing! These items are purely collectible novelties that are very rare!

Q: Can I sphere any weapon?
A: You can sphere any weapon except for S-Ranks. You cannot add hit% with Photon Spheres, and you cannot have %s in more than three areas on any weapon (or more than 2 on SJS/TJS or Lame/Excal), but otherwise you can sphere any weapon. Hit % on a weapon takes up a % slot, so a weapon with hit can only have %s in two other areas. The %s area on S-Ranks is for the custom name. That's why they can't have any %s. Even if you make one with %s it only changes your name.

Q: How much % does sphering add?
A: 30%, must be exactly 30% available, though you can use 20 PDs to raise 5%.

Q: Where do I obtain Photon Spheres/Drops/Crystals?
A: Photon Drops can come from any enemy or box in the game. Photon Spheres are acquired from events and from Paganini in the Gallon's Shop quest in Episode 2 for 99 PDs. Photon Crystals come events and from certain enemies in Episode 4 on Very Hard and Ultimate.

Q: What do Photon Drops do?
A: Read the Photon Drop Guide. They are also used as a sort of currency on this server. Note on the guide the tier prices are 1, 20, 50 and 99 here.

Q: How do I convert enemy parts into weapons and add hit to them?
A: Guide

Q:How many PCs does it cost on average to add 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% and 50% hit to enemy part weapons?
A:On average 43.5 photon crystals for the full deal. Average for each grade of hit shown below.
0 -> 10 = 1
10 -> 20 = 2.5
20 -> 30 = 5
30 -> 40 = 10
40 -> 50 = 25

Q: Someone asked me what the stats on an armor I have are, what does that mean?
A: Some armors can have variable stats (information on this can be found on PSO-World), so if they have higher defense and evade, they will be more valuable/rarer.

Q: Where does item “X” drop?
A: Ephinea Drop Charts
Black Paper's Deal 1 & 2.

Q: When creating an item like Mille Marteaux or Guld Milla, which item transfers its %'s?
A: The item that you have equipped will transfer its %s to the final product.

Mag Questions: >>Spuz' Mag Guide<<
Q: What do the stats on my Mag do? (Def, Dex, Pow, Mind)
A: One point of Def = 1 defense (stat), two points of Dex = 1 ATA (accuracy stat), one point of Pow= 2 ATP (physical damage increasing stat), one point of Mind = 2 MST (Tech damage/Max TP stat).

Q: How is the effectiveness of the Twins Photon Blast calculated?
A: Twins Depends on the Mag’s IQ.

Q: What does synchro on a mag do?
A: Synchro affects the damage of Photon Blasts.

Episode 4 Mag Cell Usage:
Heart of YN-0117 + Level 50+ Mag = Elenor
Liberta Kit + Level 50+ Mag = Agastya
D-Photon Core + Kama = Gael-Gill
Tablet + Rukmin = Geung-si
Heart of Morolian + Kumara = Morolian
Pioneer Parts + Level 50+ Mag = Pioneer 2
Amitie's Memo + Chu Chu Mag = Puyo
Rappy Beak + Level 50+ Mag = Rappy
Heaven Striker Coat + Garuda = Striker Unit
Dragon Scale + Kama = Tellusis
Yahoo!'s engine + Level 50+ Mag = Yahoo!

Episode 4 Mag Cell Locations:
Heart of YN-0117: Event Item
Liberta Kit: Event Item
D-Photon Core: Ultimate Olga Flow
Tablet: Can be gambled from Coren, The Wandering Tekker
Heart Of Morolian: Event Item
Pioneer Parts: Event Item
Amitie's Memo: Event Item
Rappy Beak: Episode 4 drop
Heaven Striker Coat: Episode 4 drop
Dragon Scale: Kondrieu drop or Coren
Yahoo!'s Engine: Event Item