Forum post editing on mobile

When editing forum posts on mobile (chrome, android) the editing window displays the html code instead of using the built in editing tools. The built in tools & buttons for editing (bold, italics, text color, etc) no longer function properly for me. When I click on bold or italics or any of the other editing tools, nothing happens. Most of these buttons are not even clickable anymore. It seems the only way to use these features while on mobile is to type in the html code (B, /B in brackets for bold, etc.)

Editing appears to be functioning normally on desktop versions of chrome. Not sure if this is a bug with chrome or if it is on the forum side but thought I'd mention it. See picture for example. Hopefully this is helpful. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-152607.png
    Screenshot_20211007-152607.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 8
I am not experiencing this behavior with iOS’s mobile Safari on my iPhone, so… Not sure what to say there!

Mine works fine, the problem is on your end. (Using chrome 94.0.4606.61 on Android 10)

Edit: I can use bold , italics and all

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-08-19-17-14-082_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-08-19-17-14-082_com.android.chrome.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 2
Try to click the three points beside the undo button, you will see a few more buttons in expanded area. Click the [ ] button, it will make the editor switching between WYSIWYG mode and BBCode mode, that should fix your problem, I think.

Last edited:
All of my android devices with chrome has a option to view any website in the desktop version.

Back