[FIXED] PSOBB Constant Input Error [Keyboard]

[EDIT]: fixed. leaving the post up in case anyone else happens to have this issue in the future maybe theyll google it up

Hey there, just downloaded and installed the Ephinea client per readme instructions. The issue I am having is that there is a constant [up arrow] input. I can login, connect to the server, and get to character select with no other problem, however the menus are essentially unusable (and i assume the game unplayable) due to this constant input.

input devices : basic usb mouse and keyboard, no other input devices
win 10 system

Troubleshooting steps so far:
1. restarted computer
2. reinstalled game
3. tried many combinations of different resolutions/aspect ratios, fullscreen vs windowed, various gfx settings
4. tried unplugging mouse+keyboard and usb mic for good measure. input spam continues even without any input devices connecteed
5. read through FAQ, searched forum posts but couldn't find anything that helps for this specifically
[edit]
6. disabled windows defender entirely
7. tested w/ 2nd keyboard just because
8. uninstalled game, reinstalled c++ redists and latest .net framework, reinstalled game.
9. tried with closing out as many background processes as possible

[last edit] FIXED:
i had some bullshit virtual joystick mucking things up. what worked to find it out was enable the hardware log then vet the directinput devices one by one. disabled it in device manager and am now good

Last edited:
Back