Fantastic Rares and Where To Find Them

raggamuffin

Guildcard
Hi all,

This might be a bit of a fusion of 3 areas of the site. Namely Quick Question - Quick Answer, The Definitive Section ID topic and the Drop Charts themselves.

I thought it might be a nice thread to have people ask and share their experiences of the best ID's, places and quests to hunt for rare items

I'll start by asking the first question:

Where have people found the best ID and place(s) to find a Limiter?

Ed

I think when anime gets the definitive id thread fixed there won't be a need, but i'll bite here. Ive found multiple limiter soloing ma4c up to and including the astark spawns just after the first warp. This was on bluefull FOnm, without HBR. (Also it was before the recent chart changes)

There's been no changes to the Limiter drop rate other than adding one to Whitill Kondrieu at 1/8.

Max Attack 3 on Bluefull, assuming you know the optimal route and clear out all of Crater Exterior before entering Interior, is also an excellent hunt. Make sure you carry Scapes; if someone dies without a Scape the mission is failed.

Edit: MA3 has 56 Astarks. Just checked PSOW. Once you reach the end of Crater Interior, just use the /lobby command and repeat.

I can confess that 4 limiter have dropped in my blue games when I was blue...all for other people I was playing with.

So the lessen here is. Keep in mind that if your hunt is over 1/1000 something and the foe is sort of not common fodder it might take a while to get your reward even with good dar.

Funny thing is even with all the hunting my best drop was a 15 hit garasole. Game wouldn't even gift me a hit pgp.

@Rune when you absolutely need the gear you're hunting, solo for it until you get it if possible, then play multiplayer. It's more fun when you don't actually need a drop. Just play pso and take what RNG gives ya.

The problem with that is solo is boring as hell and the quickest way to burn you out in the game IMO. For sure in ep4 cause lizards suck and remove almost all fun from the game lol. The fact is that at least if you are playing with others even if they are bad they'll have your back in theory. I have other reasons for why I like playing with others as well but pretty sure that is not a good thing to bring up for here lol.

Granted ep 1 and 2 at least have a sort of interesting backstory for them (ep 4 loses here again lol) that is worth looking at IMO as a good side distraction, but that gets boring as well the 4th time though. If it is even that cause I went though the stories for my 1st time on GC days so meh. This is also made even worse by the fact that the game doesn't truly start until you get to ultimate IMO so chances are you know the story when you get there anyway even if it is your 1st time.

And I did just take what the RNG gave me cause I just finally bought an adept, rainbow baton, and more after getting the chance to lol. In fact pretty much everything I have is a result of me just saving up for it and trading for it, and events lol.

Redria spread needle from bringers. Also easy god arms in very hard mines. God battle from hidelt.. to name a few.

What are some cool Redria & Oran hunts?

Oran:
-Psycho Wand: I'd say your best bet is Mu5 - Ep2. (Gibbles)
-Aura Field: Villanous rift episode II (rare lily)
-SoF/V801/Shouren/Photon Crystals: Will drop at any MA4 quest with Oran ID.

Redria
-Lavis Cannon: Spam Towards the future until the room before Caves Boss (Rare Slime).

Back