Exp sharing

Would it be cool to have a better (team experience) ?

• Total voters

Edieso

Hello, dear everyones ! i would like to make a super cool suggestion i've recently showed this game to 2 friends and they are loving it but the fact that we cannot exp (in groups) is killing them since every game now has it. Also i saw you guys do a super nice drop system i really loved that and i think it would be super cool to have an Exp share halve it or something but it would be really cool sometime they can't even hit 1 thing XD, anyway here is my suggestion :) have a great day !

Soly

I think this was suggested before but c'mon, it's already easy enough when you can just hit the monsters once and that's all it takes to get exp.
People would (probably) just AFK and get the XP (even if it's limited to just the room where the monster was killed).

Edieso

thats the thing right there, actually i know that ALOTS of peoples would do this but, i still think there is peoples like me out there playing to have fun, and i want to have funswith friends doing map runs and stuff learning the game i come from a 10 years break? (lost the game) now that i'm back i just think it would be a really cool addons you could just put it like the Drop mode, (which is amazing by the way). thanks for reply !

Last edited:

Soly

Actually, thinking of it is not that bad, I mean, it's kinda clear that personally I don't like it too much "sometimes they can't even hit a thing" which for me it's free XP, but a slight XP boost based on your party count (pso2 like).
I'd still keep the requirement of "tagging" the monster tho.
Other thing to think about is "desync" but not sure if it's even an issue, iirc the XP gained is client side but level ups are triggered by the server.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there's any harm to the suggestion though. It's mildly infuriating that being strong and killing enemies fast can be seen as a detriment to party members if they're "unable to tag" enemies. A player shouldn't have to feel like they're working against a stronger player (or vice versa) in a co-operative game -- you should just be killing enemies at the pace you're able to without having to worry about other players. (then there's people having to use "tag attacks" which causes damage cancel which works against the party, for example)

Villain

My recommendation is to have the strong player carry the party through a couple of runs of that boss-rushing quest, Towards The Future (TTF). Am I wrong to assume that you guys are not in ultimate yet?

The idea is that every player won't kill the monsters in ultimate constantly in most scenarios so that everybody has time to tag them, unless somebody's slacking off. Before reaching Ultimate mode, it's understandable to want this new EXP feature from Normal mode to Very Hard mode.

Andy

Toxicest player
It's easy - dont Play with way overpowered teammates. (it's no fun anyways)
Overpowered teammates really shouldn't be blasting through everything though...kinda defeats the whole purpose of having them there, which I would argue is to be a meatshield for the lower level people to be able to tag the monsters safely.

pickelsurprise

Part of an Original Breakfast
I think it might be nice to have below Ultimate difficulty, as others have suggested. As it stands you get full exp for landing the killing blow, and somewhere in the range of 70-80% exp for tagging. I certainly wouldn't object to something like 50% exp for just being in the same room when something dies.

This could be too complicated to implement, but maybe it could only apply to characters under a certain level, or maybe just on normal difficulty. The first few levels are totally manageable, but they can be really tedious to grind through yourself. Being able to quickly boost up to level 10 or so without having to worry about tagging would be very helpful.

Edieso

i was not super high levels tho i was around 7 when they were 5-6 i was a hucast we are on normal, but like i said earlier this game (for me) is kinda a co-op one it would be really cool to have a real co-op experience for those who don't want the exp like i said we could just put it in option. i mean its not bad nor damaging for other peoples if they don't want it they can removes it, and also like matt said it's a super great idea !

Aizen

I would say this is a great idea for Normal and Hard, to help boost those lower levels. VH and Ultimate I'm not so sure about. By then you should be able to tag pretty easily if you're getting boosted..

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
I'd fear it'd take the aspect of actually playing out of the game. Though I could be for a Normal to Very Hard crutch. Not Ultimate, though.

It's actually kind of broken because, you could gear up and level up new characters just by multi-clienting and following your higher level character around and picking up the items. You could potentially raise 3 characters, actually, while your main does all the work, all they have to do is follow him from room to room.

Edieso

I'd fear it'd take the aspect of actually playing out of the game. Though I could be for a Normal to Very Hard crutch. Not Ultimate, though.

It's actually kind of broken because, you could gear up and level up new characters just by multi-clienting and following your higher level character around and picking up the items. You could potentially raise 3 characters, actually, while your main does all the work, all they have to do is follow him from room to room.
That is absolutly right, but like i said we are not all like that and i think the idea, Normal to VH is actually a good idea and in ulti you cant really one shot monsters (i think) so it would be easier to exp with friend without sharing exp but in normal to VH it'd be really awesome to have such a good co-op experience i think it put the game more in a co-op state then a tag this monster to get exp and we'll kill them. that my opinion haha but it definatly be awesome to have a exp share and like i said if its shared inbetween all members just reduce the exp by 25% :p SO no Super hard grinding and also i've never been a fan of multi-client juste make it illegal. ;P

Soly

That's what I was going at, with my first reply.... Even if it's 75% (reduced 25%), the tag exp is 80%
If anything, a tiny boost (if you got the exp by killing or tag) would be more beneficial without "breaking" IMO
Also remember there are temporal 2x exp milestones, etc.

Trykla

This is less broken than sandboxing a character to lv 200 and transferring it to normal mode as lv 100.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
This is less broken than sandboxing a character to lv 200 and transferring it to normal mode as lv 100.
Uh, you can't do that here? Lol. The importer doesn't accept Ephinea downloaded characters as they're in a different format anyway. So, you're wrong about that.

Good job trying to be a smartass, though.

Besides, even transferring from another server, you lose all your items, which is still different than tagging along until level 100 and picking up gear for free the entire time.

Trykla

My bad. I hadn't looked into the logistics of transferring, I had just assumed (ass-u-me yadayada) that would be possible.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
My bad. I hadn't looked into the logistics of transferring, I had just assumed (ass-u-me yadayada) that would be possible.
No, I thought of that from the get-go. Totally different file format, plus the files created by the character downloader are encrypted so they can't be tampered with before upload.

Mylandra

Sooo, what prevents someone from adding the default tethealla encryption to a bin file with a new config that points to their own local server and use the command to levelup to 200 instantly? I guess it's good if someone needs new section ids to make rooms for their main in ultimate mode so they can solo farm stuff, otherwise I don't really see the point lol Either way, people playing this game don't want levels, they want items.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Sooo, what prevents someone from adding the default tethealla encryption to a bin file with a new config that points to their own local server and use the command to levelup to 200 instantly? I guess it's good if someone needs new section ids to make rooms for their main in ultimate mode so they can solo farm stuff, otherwise I don't really see the point lol Either way, people playing this game don't want levels, they want items.
Not much, though it's some work. :p That's why I didn't care too much since all the equipment and everything else gets wiped, and level 100 is 2.8% to 200.