ES and TypeM weapons; what’s their deal?

jcorb

I’ve never really seen these weapon types, and I find it kind of hard to understand them based on the wiki entries.

Are they effectively “the next step up” from non-rare weapons? Like beyond a “Hell Laser” or something?

Also, it looks like the ES weapons come from beating Challenge Mode under a timer, can that be done solo?

For the TypeM weapons, are those just REALLY rare, or do they come from a specific place?

And when it comes to attributes or Hit rate, are those also totally random, or can you add those somehow?

ES weapons, otherwise known as s-rank weapons are weapons you can spend pds to add a top level special to that will also be unreduced.
level 21 zalure or jellen 60 pds
arrest, demons, or hell 50 pds
other stuff...not worth it really

So you get a s-rank needle and slap arrest on it you have pretty much have a needle with arrest instead of seize. Or you can get something like a es shot with unreduced hell, which with v502 on lets a ranger fire off death all over the maps. J-cutter/slicer is another great one. Stuff like cards lets you shotgun demon's on a single target with s3 for example, or in the case of s-rank cards they have a special use with their bullets moving slow but having launcher properties still, so you can s1 a target with the same range pretty much as mechguns can sns.

You unlock the ability to add specials to them by talking the east tower side quest and talking to Hopkin's dad Paganini. Then after going into the Quest Gallon's shop just fine Hopkins where he is normally and Paganini will have the options u unlocked (west tower lets you add n/ab/m/d % to weapons).

TypeM weapons are weapons with special animations. Like a rod with double saber animations. They normally don't have specials but some in events have been released with specials. So you can get a pair of mechguns with charge that have 40 hit. The hit pretty much just makes it close to a 50 hit charge vulcan (with a bit less ata but more power though). Only the bullets and photon are white. So its a color thing, like how people want xmas charge mechguns with 70 hit. Pretty much around the same ata as 55 hit charge vulcans. Only green bullets.

I just want to add- Berserk is helpful on a few ES, basically for weapons that mostly do not have common equivalents, Launcher/Needle, and Jellen is not useful on anything.

No challenge mode cannot be done solo, I mean, it requires 2 players to start each stage and also to complete most of the stages due to buttons and the like. It is possible to dual-client and solo with yourself and drag along a character for buttons and such, so you can learn the stages and complete them slowly. You however will not most likely be able to finish in time if you do this all the way (unless you know cm very well) & you would have to have each character fight bosses as you must all access the warp to continue (which I imagine would be a total pain, I'd rather do it twice). But doing cm alone/with a group of newbies to cm is a great learning technique. You can also repeat stages as you wish to reduce the time later.

For Type M weapons also, you can tell what the weapon/animation is based on its name-

Shorthand before slash = actual weapon type & type after the slash = the aesthetic/look
for example, a Gu/Mech is a Gun which looks like a mechgun, and a DS/Wand is a Double Saber that looks like a Wand. There are some awesome/wacky combos in the Type M list overall. Ephinea exclusive ones are designed/meant to be worse or similar to their 50hit yellow counterpart so not broken/op but just an aesthetic choice.

The Me/Mechgun is the only one that really stands out from the group. It is the only one that has ATP worth looking at compared to its Yellow equivalent and thus is useable by Rangers who have the ATA to use it (while other classes may prefer a higher hit Vulcan/Vise).

Last edited:
Back