Error Code 2

Vinnie497

Extremely new to trying to download games online so please bear with me if these are some noob ass questions. I've downloaded the "Full ephinea PSOBB client" from the main page and I believe I've extracted all the files to their own folder. But when I click online and the screen comes up with the options of "start game, official site, offical billing site, options, credits, and cancel," everything I click on just gives me error code 2. Do I need to download more things or is this a computer issue?

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
official site and official billing site should open your browser if that is also giving an error it sounds like something is blocking it. I'd recommend not unpacking the client into the program files folder on anything vista or later. Due to windows protecting this directory and would require that you run every exe in that folder as admin (due to the way psobb applies patches and loads textures). So unpack the client to your documents folder or some where outside of program files.

It's best to run the install.reg file in the client. Although this isn't required to start the game it will prevent any issues that can occur when changing the options.

Add psobb.exe to your av exceptions (as left over game guard code in the client will cause your AV to produce a false positive).

If you are using Windows 8 or 10 you may need to right click on the online, option and psobb exe's select properties and click the "Unblock" button.

Vinnie497

Hey thank you for the response, official site and billing site now open the browser, I've added psobb.exe to my av exceptions, moved the whole folder to documents, and have tried running both online and option as administrator but am still getting Error code 2 whenever I try to play the game. I also don't actually see psobb.exe in the folder, is that the same thing as online? I've also tried to "unblock" the things you've said but don't see that option anywhere when I right-click. I'm running windows 8, and I use avast! as antivirus if those help.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Error code 2 generally means that the launcher was unable to launch the PsoBB.exe (most likely because it's missing or because it's being blocked)

The fact you don't see PsoBB in your folder leads me to believe it never got extracted or was quarantined by your A/V.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
As soda says. extract psobb.exe again (now that its added as an exception in your AV) and it should work fine.

Vinnie497

Hey guys thank you both so much, turns out my av was still blocking it even though I excluded psobb.exe in the scans. Fixed it and now it works fine!