Error 100 (DEP disabled and AV exception added)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by xhucknasty, Jun 19, 2019.

1. xhucknasty

xhucknasty Member

I am getting error 100 generally after about 1-2 hours. It happens consistently while I play however last night after I disabled DEP and added exceptions to my AV (avast) I was able to play for 3 hours without interruption. Tonight I got the error 100 after about 1 hour. I checked to make sure my exceptions in Avast were still there.

I pinged www.google.com with 51ms average and 0% packet loss.

Notes:
    I am on Windows 10.
    I am playing on my home wireless (only way I have to play on this PC at the moment).
    I am using an Xbox 360 controller (not Xbox One)
    I searched for other topics with this error and didn't see any other fixes except to replace my router. I just replaced the router a few months ago and don't have any issues with other games/net connection.

2. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Try another ship, especially Lumireis, as it could be actual connectivity issues.

I know both Fodra and Auldrant, especially, have been having some issues with DDoS and infrastructure upgrades going on all at the same time the past few days.

3. xhucknasty

xhucknasty Member

I will do that. Who would DDOS a perfectly good fan-server for a 20 year old game that (no offense) really only has a few hundred active participants? Not saying anything bad about the server, I love it... I just don't get why people would be hateful to a fan project like this. I understand with some of the Classic WoW servers where forcing people off your competitions server to your server could net you thousands a month in donations etc... but this?

4. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    You have a good heart, but they aren’t necessarily targeting us specifically.

We are on a VDS, which is a virtual dedicated server in a datacenter which hosts MANY other game servers.

It is more likely they are targeting other servers or the datacenter as a whole.

Just pricks being pricks for the sake of being pricks.

CB1981 likes this.
  5. xhucknasty

xhucknasty Member

Update: I got the error 100 again playing on the EU server. I went to refresh this forum post and voila, error 404 for a brief second then bam, it reloads. This is good news for me because it localizes the issue to either my laptop losing connecting to the router, or the router failing to maintain a good connection. I'm working on some Windows 10 specific fixes now.

6. xhucknasty

xhucknasty Member

Update: I reinstalled NIC drivers and refreshed my wifi connection. I also deleted some apps that the web said would interfere with wifi. I still got error 100 after about 4 hours of playing... not sure if that was DDOS related or if the fixes were no good. More testing needed.