Episode 4 missables

Hermetio

Hey everyone,

Before starting the quests for episode 4, I'm wondering if there are any missables or things that I need to know to get the most out of the story before playing. Things for example like the Barnie and Sue subplot in Episode 1 and the ragol ring for Episode 2. I'm also wondering if setting off the alarms in 8-1, 8-2, or 8-3 affect the story/mission outcome in any way.

I also want to add that if anyone knows where to find any highly detailed Japanese resources, could they please share.

Last edited:
I don't think Sonic Team ever expanded the story like they did with EP1&2, though it looks like they had intended to at some point based on unused text you can find digging around for some quests with Karen/Sue (iirc anyway... been more than a few years)

Some of these might not work on private servers. Or just work without having to worry about the triggers

Government quests: a good chunk of the E4 quests have a timer that isn't displayed. Clearing them fast enough adds a bonus scene. (apparently this can also happen during quests for some rooms/scenes but i dont know the details)
Also government quests: choices made during Bernie/Sue subplot can show additional scenes/dialogue.
Government/solo quests: sometimes going back to floor after clearing a quest (prior to collecting reward) will change NPC dialogue or show a new scene. Talk to everyone until they don't say anything else new beforehand regardless.
9-4: i had to look this up. thanks posw!
NOTE: In Crater Interior, there is a guard that will ask you whether you have any Photon Drops. If you bring along some Photon Drops and have the Ragol Ring equipped, the guard will a few new lines of dialogue to say about Episode 4's backstory.

Nothing itemwise is missable.

I am probably speaking out of my ass but I also seem to recall that going between Karen and another NPC (Gilliam?) in one of the solo quests a few times eventually implies something else is supposed to happen. But the quest doesn't look for anything and ST never added whatever it is that Karen or the quest wants, so it the interaction ends rather abruptly.

Back