Ephinea PSOBB client for macOS 10.15+ & Apple Silicon

Hello ! I tried too to install your client, but I got the same error "file damaged"

I tried "sudo spctl --master-disable" but this didnt return any message and I cant allow app from everywhere to work because I don't have this option (only have 2 lines "from app store" & "from appstore and identified")

I'm running Big Sur, not Catalina, maybe that's why ?

Hi! I'm a new member that wants to join the server but I'm having issues (the same one as AccousticDophin).

I try to run the client and get a popup saying: "is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash".. even with all the corrections :(

Did anyone figure something out?

I'm running macOS Big Sur.

I had and fixed the issue y'all have @mac4 @AcousticDophin

After download I:
1) moved Ephinea PSO.app to applications folder.
2) renamed app to EphineaPSO.app (removed space)
3) opened terminal and ran: xattr -cr /Applications/EphineaPSO.app // @BABY / @Bash's directions

Hi, I've started yesterday who want to play with Switch pro controller but the game does not recognize one connecting through USB.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

macOS Catalina 10.15.5

I had and fixed the issue y'all have @mac4 @AcousticDophin

After download I:
1) moved Ephinea PSO.app to applications folder.
2) renamed app to EphineaPSO.app (removed space)
3) opened terminal and ran: xattr -cr /Applications/EphineaPSO.app // @BABY / @Bash's directions
Hey, I was having the same "file damaged" issue, the gatekeeper thing didn't work, and then this post worked! I was able to open the launcher. However, when I hit "Start game" the launcher closes, and that's that...I've tinkered with quite a few options and none seem to help. I'm on Catalina on a 2019 Macbook, anyone know what it could be?

I've had the same symptoms and tried the same solution as you have @PSONephew

I even thought of using wine to run online.exe to patch the game then changed wine's target to psobb.exe in order to run the game directly. The game just doesn't load. Activity monitor shows a spike in cpu usage when I try this, but absolutely nothing happens.

Still stuck.

Also having the same issue of hitting "Start Game" and the application just closing. Can't figure it out. I'm on Monterey 2019 MB Pro 15".

I am also getting the "Start Game" issue. Changing resolutions didn't help. I went through about half the res and none worked. Toggled between windowed and fullscreen, also nothing. Currently on a 2020 MBA with M1 chip

Tried this on my M1 2020 MBA and it didn't work either - I ended up just running bootcamp on my 2013 MBP and obviously that has worked. But still, would love for this to be patched for those who can't run bootcamp for free!

Hello,

Sorry I don't have access to mac OS at the moment.
For the game crashing at boot, there is something which may worth to try is to update Wine engine.

Download Wineskin Winery: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases
Run it and download the latest WS11WineCX64Bit engine.

Make a copy of PSO.app in case of issue, it will avoid you to redownload it.
Then you can update the engine of your PSO app by following the same step shown by this dude:

And/Or for app damaged issue, it may be worth to try to disable SIP.
Note that doing this remove an huge security layer protecting from OS corruption by malwares.
It may worth to try to disable it the time to try to boot PSO to see if it works, then if it is good, enable it back and retry to boot PSO to see if it still working.
https://developer.apple.com/documen...ling_and_enabling_system_integrity_protection

By the way, as JKRINE said, if you have a low specs machine like old MBA models, bootcamp will runs the game with sky high perf compared to Wine.

Hello,

For the game crashing at boot, there is something which may worth to try is to update Wine engine.

Then you can update the engine of your PSO app by following the same step shown by this dude:

Note that doing this remove an huge security layer protecting from OS corruption by malwares.
It may worth to try to disable it the time to try to boot PSO to see if it works, then if it is good, enable it back and retry to boot PSO to see if it still working.
https://developer.apple.com/documen...ling_and_enabling_system_integrity_protection

By the way, as JKRINE said, if you have a low specs machine like old MBA models, bootcamp will runs the game with sky high perf compared to Wine.
I can confirm that this update does work to get the game to work again.

Hello,

Thanks , it worked. I downloaded the Wineskin.Winery.txz , install the WS11WineCX64Bit21.1.0 and Wineskin-2.9.0.9-4, then install the ephinea client. My OS version is Big Sur 11.6

I'm having the problem where I can open online.exe with wine just fine, but when I press "Start Game" nothing happens except that online.exe closes.

I'm not on Catalina or later though. I'm currently on High Sierra (10.13.6) and have tried both the "Wine Stable" and "Wine Development" branches on this page without success.

My current MacBook Pro's stats can be viewed at the following webpage:

I've also looked at using the versions of Wine here, but "tarball" files will not properly decompress on my computer.

I don't know if anyone here can (or wants to) help me try to get back on, but any support I can receive would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm having the problem where I can open online.exe with wine just fine, but when I press "Start Game" nothing happens except that online.exe closes.

I'm not on Catalina or later though. I'm currently on High Sierra (10.13.6) and have tried both the "Wine Stable" and "Wine Development" branches on this page without success.

My current MacBook Pro's stats can be viewed at the following webpage:

I've also looked at using the versions of Wine here, but "tarball" files will not properly decompress on my computer.

I don't know if anyone here can (or wants to) help me try to get back on, but any support I can receive would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You can try to download the newest version Wineskin.Winery.txz form https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases
QQ20220303-163334.png
and follow the video to install the engines and update wrapper version, then create new blank wapper for the client.
QQ20220303-163107.png
My game client worked very well now.

Unfortunately that .txz file is also not decompressing correctly on my computer.

Is there a specialized decompression application that i need to use for that file?
I use Keka.app to decompress it. Or other tools from third parties.

Back