Ephinea PSOBB client for macOS 10.15+ & Apple Silicon

Thank you!

I tried new one.
Update on launcher is automatically skipped.

But PSO run with "! DLL ERROR !".
then connect to server, it gets "This server is full" error.

First time boot, it need xattr command.
(version used in previous post also need xattr command)
Does this matter?
The command I think is necessary because it detects the application is not signed and all, but don't think it is correlated since some other people seems to be able to play.

So it is strange, I am guessing it is failing to load the Ephinea dll for some reasons.
It is difficult to identify the problem as I don't know how the injection work, and looking at the Linux thread, it happens to Intel too. :(

Have you any log about the error in EphineaPSO.app/drive_c/EphineaPSO/log ?
Maybe also /EphineaPSO.app/Logs

The command I think is necessary because it detects the application is not signed and all, but don't think it is correlated since some other people seems to be able to play.

So it is strange, I am guessing it is failing to load the Ephinea dll for some reasons.
It is difficult to identify the problem as I don't know how the injection work, and looking at the Linux thread, it happens to Intel too. :(

Have you any log about the error in EphineaPSO.app/drive_c/EphineaPSO/log ?
Maybe also /EphineaPSO.app/Logs

This is log file content.

EphineaPSO.app/drive_c/EphineaPSO/log
dllerror.log : empty
error.log : empty
generic.log : empty
spec.log :
Code:
Driver     :atiumdag.dll
Description:ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
VendorID   :00001002
DeviceID   :00009400
SubSysID   :00000000
Revision   :00000000

DEVICE     :HAL-HARD

EphineaPSO.app/Logs/LastRunWine.log
Code:
0024:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0x1.
0024:fixme:seh:get_thread_times not implemented on this platform
00c0:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0x1781a8, 0): stub
00c0:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (00010022, 001781A8): stub
0024:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0x190b70, 1): stub
0024:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0001005A, 00190B70): stub
0024:fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETOPENSTATUS
0024:fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETCOMPOSITIONWINDOW
0024:fixme:imm:NotifyIME NI_CONTEXTUPDATED: IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
0024:fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETCANDIDATEPOS
00f8:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
00f8:fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion output 0x1900d0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
00f8:fixme:d3d:wined3d_swapchain_set_gamma_ramp Ignoring flags 0x1.
00f8:fixme:coreaudio:ca_channel_layout_to_channel_mask Unhandled channel 0xffffffff
00f8:fixme:coreaudio:ca_channel_layout_to_channel_mask Unhandled channel 0xffffffff
00fc:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.
00f8:fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DDisassemble data 03D11958, size 128, flags 0, comments 00000000, disassembly 01D8FB04 stub!
00f8:fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DDisassemble data 01AFAD20, size 152, flags 0, comments 00000000, disassembly 01D8FB04 stub!
00f8:fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DDisassemble data 03D11958, size 128, flags 0, comments 00000000, disassembly 01D8FB04 stub!
00f8:fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DDisassemble data 01AFAD20, size 152, flags 0, comments 00000000, disassembly 01D8FB04 stub!
00fc:fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #7:
00fc:fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'ffp_varying_texcoord' not read by fragment shader

When I attempt to launch the game after opening the PSOBB Ephinea launcher, the game just doesn't open. Any ideas?

When I attempt to launch the game after opening the PSOBB Ephinea launcher, the game just doesn't open. Any ideas?
Games broken on MacOS (probably forever)

Just install windows via bootcamp (or without bootcamp like i did once LOL)

Hello, back again. I have a new m2 mini and 5.0 isn’t working for me. The terminal command after moving the app into the applications folder just returns that there is no file:

xattr: No such file: /Applications/EphineaPSO.app/Contents/SharedSupport/prefix/dosdevices/d:

App just says it’s damaged and to delete it.

Hello, back again. I have a new m2 mini and 5.0 isn’t working for me. The terminal command after moving the app into the applications folder just returns that there is no file:

xattr: No such file: /Applications/EphineaPSO.app/Contents/SharedSupport/prefix/dosdevices/d:

There is no support for mac anymore rip… install bootcamp if you wanna play

There is no support for mac anymore rip… install bootcamp if you wanna play
The new Apple DirectX 12 to metal translation layer may actually work out for Ephinea in combination with dgVoodoo and using the DX12 API.

Haven’t looked into it myself, but may play around with it later on my M1 Air…

The new Apple DirectX 12 to metal translation layer may actually work out for Ephinea in combination with dgVoodoo and using the DX12 API.

Haven’t looked into it myself, but may play around with it later on my M1 Air…
Hi Sodaboy, have you had any luck with this? I have an M1 MacBook Air and I would love to be able to play on it, if possible. Thank you!

I'd be interested to learn about that too. Atm I still have my PC, but might only have am M1 at home soon :O

I actually had the same issue in the beginning; try the terminal input again. Are you sure you wrote it correctly? If i remember correctly, for whatever reason there were a couple of letters added to my terminal entry that i copied from the thread here, then i corrected the input and tried again and it worked. Also, afterwards, open the app multiple times and wait a while in between, didn't really work at first, took a long time to open, but now it's quick and flawless.
I have a new M2 MacBook Air with Ventura 13.5, so it definitely should work for you as well in the end.

I am Japanese. What should I do when switching to Japanese in text chat? The machine I'm using is a MacBook Pro US keyboard.

I can confirm this is still working on MacOS! 2021 M1 Macbook Pro running Sonoma.

I had the same experience as omgmrtea. Running Ephinea the first time gave me "EphineaPSO is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash"
When i pasted the command from the original post it added some additional characters to the end. It said "xattr -cr /Applications/EphineaPSO.app<200b>" - deleted the <200b> part and the command was accepted. The terminal still said Access Denied, but i ran Ephinea afterwards and it launched without issues!
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 11.15.02 AM.png

Running on Macbook Air M2 15" 16GB RAM here, MacOS Sonoma 14.2

does anyone know how to fix the massive slowdowns no matter what settings / resolution you use ? As soon as the lobby is filled with more than 5 characters fps drops to 15, same in game. So it's almost unplayable.

I have absolutely no idea how can I fix this problem, game works great except the drops

Running on Macbook Air M2 15" 16GB RAM here, MacOS Sonoma 14.2

does anyone know how to fix the massive slowdowns no matter what settings / resolution you use ? As soon as the lobby is filled with more than 5 characters fps drops to 15, same in game. So it's almost unplayable.

I have absolutely no idea how can I fix this problem, game works great except the drops
I would love to hear this as well. I am running on an M2 Max with 96gigs of ram and not sure what the optimized settings should be to run this.

Back