Enabling/disabling new character tutorials

Eidolon

In the original servers for PSOBB, when you created a new character, you could open help prompts that would give tips and such, and a context window would appear in the bottom right telling you to press F1. Somehow I'm triggering this in my own server, and I think it might be causing crashes due to the modified client, because the dialogues don't show up correctly when I press the keys.

Does anyone know where in the character data this is set?

I'm almost certain at this point I've triggered something in the client that was unfinished, because the team flag is set to the Japanese "beginner" symbol.

Last edited:

Broomop

i posted on another thread but did you work this out? This is something we should really get back into the game. It was not unfinished either it was in the game when you first start the game.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure this is just a byte in the character data, I can look into it myself later today. Thing is, there are A LOT of bytes, so I guess I'll look at some of the still "unknown" values, setting them to 0 or 1 and logging back in.

Broomop

I'm pretty sure this is just a byte in the character data, I can look into it myself later today. Thing is, there are A LOT of bytes, so I guess I'll look at some of the still "unknown" values, setting them to 0 or 1 and logging back in.
Yeah i bet there is many secret things. There is Character GM i believe a flag in the character data too. I did however fill loads of 0x00's or 0x01's but i could never get it to show trial. It was in the game however and even if we do not use it it can be modified since they are images i believe. lol.