editing character parameters

housello

hi,
I found that item and battle parameters are server side, and I succesfully managed to edit those parameters using some tools I found online.
What about character parameters, like max material usable by classes, tech boost, max stat etc? are those client sided? is there a way to edit them?

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
The Client source is not available so all edits will have to be done via a Hex Editor. I can get the offsets in the client and post them up here later.

When increasing the Max Materials there needs to be changes to the server code also.

housello

wow, it would be wonderful!
me and my friends would like to rebalance the gameplay, the values we need are:
- character max stats
- class tech bonuses
- equipment special bonuses (like integrated hp regen, set bonus etc)
- class material usage
- tech level over 30 (for possible harder ultimate mode)

I don't know which of them can be done server side, please tell me how to do it if possible :)

Chuk

Editing the client hex is something I haven't done before, except altering the IP xD. If anyone is up to make a guide on how to find and alter interesting values as mentioned in this post , it would be appreciated.

Lee

i think is most cases a guide telling people how to hex edit anything is a waste of time, because while you can teach them how to open an exe in a hex editor it's basically like banging your head against the wall trying to explain to them how to debug an exe to find what they want and adapting it. The point being if they where smart enough to do so in the first place you wouldn't have to tell them how to use a hex editor.

A simple patcher is probably easier for common things, something like i gave to people like larva to do some common things that aren't worth explaining, I mean let's be honest this took me less time then it would take me to explain how i found all the offsets:

y6UTpYo.png

mwl6PfK.png

If you have any interesting offsets you think people could be interested in I could modify this fairly easily with extra gui, one problem is i kinda hard coded the offsets for my own simplicity rather then using a search to find things dynamically, as a result it's configured to use my own 1.2.5.13 patched exe which the tethella server offered on this site is not configured to use by default, although you can cheat using my patcher too by changing the version number string manually to 1.2.5.10 lol...

legit nyck

I'll take this topic and ask to you tofuman how to bypass the limit level for characters to put something around 300
You told me that it takes a tool of his authorship for this and so will show us how it's done

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
True. A app would just save time for all parties involved. Iirc Lee wasn't there a basic public version of that util?

Also nick don't go hijacking threads. I'll try to populate the guides forum with such things when I get time.

Lee

there is, it's just my widescreen tool, i've been adapting it with extra offsets you found to correct the ui, I just haven't been in any hurry but if people want to give me some more things to add to it, (raw offsets is enough for me btw) I can just paste them in and make it pretty easy.

Lee

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5szdn ... atcher.rar

I included a clean 1.2.5.13 exe with it, some things on the pacther require server side code changes as has been mentioned, for example changing the material count limits so i am going to assume you know how to recompile the server code and know how to make basic changes to the code itself. To use this exe version btw you need to change the client version number from .10 to .13 under teth version in the server source.

housello

very good!
only 1 thing: the widescreen option doesn't work, it keeps the custom resolutions, but it doesn't save the fov (always keeps the 4:3 one)

Lee

the patcher doesn't read the status of some things and always defaults, doesn't mean it doesn't write what you want though, if hou set 16:9 and patch it will patch for that though even if you reopen the same exe the patcher will default to 4:3 just because of the speed at which I coded i was lazy.