DXVK Vulcan API fix now on the patch server (DXVK Vulcan APIの修正)

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Update: Looks like the PSOBB add on plugin is currently incompatible with the new DXVK. Looking into it...

Hello there!

It looks like the DXVK team has finally addressed the issues with PSOBB and, thus, a new version of the DXVK API DLL was placed on the patch server.

After some quick testing, I can confirm that the issues with the solid panel switches, VR Dragon, Pioneer 2 scrolling text, etc. have all been resolved in the latest version. And, everything appears to work fine even with NVIDIA graphics cards, not just AMD!

So, the Vulkan API should now be a viable pick for users, especially those on the Steam deck.

If you see any weird display anomalies with the Vulkan API that aren't present in other APIs, be sure to document them here so I can forward it off to the devs. Or, better yet, feel free to write an issue on their GitHub yourself, if you desire!

Cheers!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
更新:PSOBBのアドオンは現在DXVKと互換性がないようです。状況については調査中です。

こんにちは!

DXVKチームがPSOBBの問題に対処したようで、DXVK API DLLの新しいバージョンをパッチサーバに配置しました。

いくつかの簡単なテストを実施しましたが、パネルスイッチやVRドラゴン、パイオニア2のスクロールテキスト表示などの問題が、最新バージョンでは全て解消されていることを確認しました。また、AMDだけでなくNVIDIAのグラフィックカードでも全て問題なく動作するようです。

つまり、Vulkan APIは特にSteamデッキのユーザにとって現実的な選択肢となるはずです。

もしVulkan APIで他のAPIにはない表示の不具合を見つけたらこちらに報告してくれれば、開発者側に連絡します。もしくは、直接Githubのissueに書き込んでくださっても結構です。

それでは!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated and my client won't launch with the vulkan API now, crashes before the window opens up I think.

Updated and my client won't launch with the vulkan API now, crashes before the window opens up I think.
Check your PsoBB_d3d9.log file and maybe paste some information from it, if it's not too sensitive!

Are you running Windows? Steam Deck? Linux? Video card?

I'm on the latest version of Windows 11 with an NVIDIA 4080 Super, which was fine for me.

Do you have any shaders running? PSOBB add-on mod?

If you use PSOBB add-ons, which I don't, can you temporarily move the dinput8.dll out of PSO's folder and try again?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Check your PsoBB_d3d9.log file and maybe paste some information from it, if it's not too sensitive!

I'm on the latest version of Windows 11 with an NVIDIA 4080 Super, which was fine for me.

If you use PSOBB add-ons, which I don't, can you temporarily move the dinput8.dll out of PSO's folder and try again?

Disabling dinput8.dll seems to fix the crash. Win10, Nvidia card on my side as well.

Oh, bummer.

I just tested this. Yeah, looks like the addon plugin isn't compatible, may have to engage @Soly on this one. I'll shoot him a DM on Discord.

Oh, bummer.

I just tested this. Yeah, looks like the addon plugin isn't compatible, may have to engage @Soly on this one. I'll shoot him a DM on Discord.
Some of the Anti-Aliasing options also cause issues, at least MSAA 4x + SMAA does. I have yet to test the rest however.

MSAA isn't even perfect on D3D, it sometimes makes lines in the visual.

If you can, stick to SMAA by itself. If you have the processing power, SSAA is even better.

MSAA isn't even perfect on D3D, it sometimes makes lines in the visual.

If you can, stick to SMAA by itself. If you have the processing power, SSAA is even better.
That's fair, just testing the compatibility. Knowing what doesn't work in advance is good for pointing players to in the future.
That being said both MSAA + SMAA options and all options with HSAA have major graphical errors.

(As for SSAA, even though i have the processing power; I don't use it myself because it breaks my custom Lua theme. But that's unrelated and a me issue.)

Attachments

• 1716322130650.png
    1716322130650.png
    2 MB · Views: 11

Windows 11 with a 3070 TI laptop and a ryzen 6900 as the CPU but as you've guys pointed out it most likely the addons causing it this time.

Back