Dual Monitor Setup: anyway to prevent gamepad on PSO when playing another game on other screen?

A Man in Flames

30K Gi Gue Slayer
Guildcard
As title suggests: I am running a dual monitor setup whereas I have PSO in windowed mode on one screen and while trying to play another game on my primary display, gamepad input is registering to PSOBB while playing the other game.

Any means to prevent input gamepad input from PSOBB when it's not the foreground application? It seems regardless of whether it is the foreground or a background application, it registers gamepad input.

Just a sidenote :

I worked on a Xpadder. setup to play dual char 1 controller, controls only the active window, and after lot of research and testing i got it to work which basically means :

Unplug Controller -> Log in 2 characters -> load the file -> plug controller in -> walk with char 1 -> press "start" on controller (i macro ALT+TAB) -> 2nd char window pop up -> same controller walk -> other caracter wont move anymore -> have fun.

PS: only 1 issue with this setup -> targeting "feels" not that precise sometimes, but u wouldnt dual char if you run something real hard anyway so it doesnt matter much if i run something harder i just load another setup in Xpadder.

If you launch your games through Steam, you can go into Steam Big Picture Mode, click the gear icon, then under Controller click Controller Settings, and then add your controller to Steam. From now on, Steam's own configurator will manage your controller on a per-game basis. You can have a general binding for your desktop (right stick controls mouse, right trigger clicks, whatever you set it to under Controller Configurations), one for PSO:BB with custom on-screen radial menus for using items/techs in combat, and yet another for your second game. Steam will automatically change your config based on what is in focus.

This could keep you from having to plug/unplug your controller, but you'd have to set your bindings for one game to be controlled via M+KB instead of Xinput.

Last edited:
Back