Dual Client for Mag Purposes?

Hi all,

Am trying to run a dual client (I believe this is allowed?) so I can trade my mag off to another character. The point behind this is I can still level my other character while I keep feeding the mag on the other character (trying to get Nidra).

Every time I try to open up a second client, I get a direct 3D error...not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but if so, please let me know if there's any way around this. Thanks!!

illuxion90

Why not store the Mag in the shared Bank and switch characters?

Would save you having to run two clients

Hi all,

Am trying to run a dual client (I believe this is allowed?) so I can trade my mag off to another character. The point behind this is I can still level my other character while I keep feeding the mag on the other character (trying to get Nidra).

Every time I try to open up a second client, I get a direct 3D error...not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but if so, please let me know if there's any way around this. Thanks!!

illuxion90

I'm not entirely sure how to help you out, I have in the past run a dual client to do exactly what you have described. Usually a direct 3d error is caused from a driver being out of date or missing and it could even be a missing dll file within the program. I suppose you could try reinstalling the game although I'm not sure how helpful that would be.

It's probably the UAC prompt screen dimming from launching the second client that's causing the issue.

You could lower your UAC settings in the control panel (the next lowest setting should be the same security but no screen dimming iirc, this should work). Or what you could do is open both of the launchers first thing, and then you can run one of the clients. When you need the second client later, you can start that client from the other already opened launcher.

Last edited:
/bank in chat (have to be in a game) to switch between Character Bank and Shared Bank, transfer the mag that way.

It's probably the UAC prompt screen dimming from launching the second client that's causing the issue.

You could lower your UAC settings in the control panel (the next lowest setting should be the same security but no screen dimming iirc, this should work). Or what you could do is open both of the launchers first thing, and then you can run one of the clients. When you need the second client later, you can start that client from the other already opened launcher.

Thank you so much everyone for your advice. Ender it was the UAC screen dim, lowered the setting and it now works!!

Great to know that there's also a shared bank...this is so great thanks again everyone.

Back