Drop Tables?

Sodisna

1.) Is it possible to give the enemies more than 1 drop?
2.) Is it possible to combine all the section ID into 1 ID so what you can somewhat have multiple drop per enemy?

legit nyck

more than one drop simultaneously in one same enemy? something similar to the dark fallz dropping a RR and a Soul Eater an same time? I doubt very much that that's possible...

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
As drops are handled by the server you can add code to have multiple drops per enemy. It is also possible to have an enemy drop more than 1 item. It is even possible to have individual drops much like PSO2 (so players have their own drops to stop those pesky ninjas). Although as PSO isn't designed to handle individual drops so when the player picks up the item it'll require you to add the item to the players inventory much like itemcreate in quests.

It is a feature we plan on adding to the new code.

Sodisna

Multiple drops per ememy? Sounds awesome. If it was possible to add a sound on rare drop, then that would be epic.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
Well sounds on drop would require client changes. It wouldn't be impossible to do but you'll need to know your way around client editing. You would need to edit the client to call a new function that will look up in the itempmt in the client memory to find out its star value or if the redbox flag is set (if its an item) and then jump to code that will play an audio file.

Not impossible. but improbable that any one would be successful.

Rico Tyrell

tofuman said:
Well sounds on drop would require client changes. It wouldn't be impossible to do but you'll need to know your way around client editing. You would need to edit the client to call a new function that will look up in the itempmt in the client memory to find out its star value or if the redbox flag is set (if its an item) and then jump to code that will play an audio file.

Not impossible. but improbable that any one would be successful.
Thank god you said that tofuman because it was the craziest idea I saw on pso multiple drops .... it ridiculous :ugeek:

Lee

what? it's actually very simple to do, the hardest part would be deciding how you manage the rate of how the multiple drops work, simplest example would be throwing them all in an array, say 12 drops then random rolling on 12 to decide which one, a more complex way would just roll all their rt rates and just drop the one that hits. either way fuck text files.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
I was referring to making the client play a sound when a red box is dropped (as this would be client side) although you could probably make the ship send another packet on redbox (I can't remember for sure, but the packet used for god mode also has other sub commands and I have a feeling one of them made the client play a sound).

Multiple drops would/should be straight forward. If anyone needs an idea on how to do it just look at BPD code for picking an item at random and as Lee says, have the array populate from an external file.

At the moment people are requesting code for the old teth project. As soda mentioned. It's being rewritten so our focus is currently creating the code again from scratch.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Drop table using an array would probably be easiest.

As far as doing sounds, even if there isn't a code we can use outside of the quest, you can make an existing one work for you.

A good example of one to use would be the symbol chat code. You could make a custom symbol chat code that shows a symbol chat "off screen" via coordinates and use one of the many sound effects allowed for symbol chats. The server could just send this symbol chat to the clients using their own client ID. It wouldn't be visible, but the sound would be heard.

Lee

honestly I would say a sound is overkill, you have the status text display available on the side of the screen which could be used to notify example:

A rare item has droped
from <array monster type>.

It's really easy to do, you could even if you wanted to include which item it is in the text, the schthack server does this on pickup but you could apply it on drop if you wanted to as a notification that something has.

The yahoo sound type from symbol chat sound is pretty easy to call i guess if you wanted to do that as well, although i'd find it kinda irritating.

Chuk

A while back, I was also thinking that i would be nice to see rare items on the minimap, like a little red dot or cross. But again, it requires lots of hexedtting the client and probably not worth it.

Lee

Chuk said:
A while back, I was also thinking that i would be nice to see rare items on the minimap, like a little red dot or cross. But again, it requires lots of hexedtting the client and probably not worth it.
something that might work though, think about it, most people have android devices these days, think what you could do implementing a second screen app that could link to a server and account.

You could draw the radar map and use positional data from the server to mark things on it, it wouldn't even be very bandwidth intensive, doing something that could certainly get the results you wanted with quite a bit less effort, obviously i would worry about getting the server running properly before extras though.

Broomop

Lee said:
Chuk said:
something that might work though, think about it, most people have android devices these days, think what you could do implementing a second screen app that could link to a server and account.

You could draw the radar map and use positional data from the server to mark things on it, it wouldn't even be very bandwidth intensive, doing something that could certainly get the results you wanted with quite a bit less effort, obviously i would worry about getting the server running properly before extras though.
just to add to this. On pso2 i managed to add icons for any objects in the game appear on the minimap . I think if you can locate where the object is located in memory you can find a offset that sets the icon on the map.

Sodisna

Sodaboy said:

As far as doing sounds, even if there isn't a code we can use outside of the quest, you can make an existing one work for you.

A good example of one to use would be the symbol chat code. You could make a custom symbol chat code that shows a symbol chat "off screen" via coordinates and use one of the many sound effects allowed for symbol chats. The server could just send this symbol chat to the clients using their own client ID. It wouldn't be visible, but the sound would be heard.

If you ever wanted to test this, I have a clean rip of PSo2 rare drop and 13*+ drop sounds.

Broomop

using the symbolchat sounds when a rare drops or whatever seems like a cool idea like the YAHOO noise lol

Sodisna

Going back to the drop thing. How does PSO handle item rarity in untekked items? Does it already have them item information in the untekked item and untekking it is just a way of saying "Yes, this a Psycho Wand"? Currently, in PSO2 even an item that drops in is untekked, the messeage "RARE DROP" will be rainbow color if the drop rarity is 10~12 or a rainbow multi-color if the drop is 13.

Chuk

Sodisna said:
Going back to the drop thing. How does PSO handle item rarity in untekked items? Does it already have them item information in the untekked item and untekking it is just a way of saying "Yes, this a Psycho Wand"? Currently, in PSO2 even an item that drops in is untekked, the messeage "RARE DROP" will be rainbow color if the drop rarity is 10~12 or a rainbow multi-color if the drop is 13.

Yes it does, there is a flag in the item that just says that the item is tekked, all the other information about the item is already stored. Same goes for items wrapped as a gift.

kaizokuou

Sodisna said:
Sodaboy said:

If you ever wanted to test this, I have a clean rip of PSo2 rare drop and 13*+ drop sounds.

Unrelated to the discussion entirely, but would it be possible for you to send these to me?