Dressing room recreating characters

waytim

Hi again! I know this is a known bug and i saw in this thread:http://pso.edenserv.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3942&sid=6760d430c6743420195d96e76ce18693 that it's been patched in the latest version. However, I have the latest source file found in the downloads section here and it's still a problem with some players. If i use the latest ship version (and not compile from the source) I wont be able to make my own changes.. which so far is just trying to fix the disconnection issue from picking up items when they are at 30 because my server has high latency.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the source file is behind your ship version, or maybe both versions here aren't the latest, etc. Thanks in advance!

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
The available source is far from the latest. I'm working on the next release and will post about the fixes and enhancements soon.

The recreate bug is fixed in the next release.

waytim

Alright, I've waited quite a while and still no release, so is there an easy way to just disable dressing room? Too many people losing characters and it's a real nightmare. Just a simple line i can comment out or something? I can rebuild myself If you could just point me in the right direction.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
The recreation bug on dressing room is quite straight forward. Change the time variable data type from int to time_t. This will prevent the time from being truncated and fix the issue.

There's been a load of fixes for desyncing due to latency implemented into the new source so providing instructions to fix these isn't feasible. its best you wait for the next release of the source. Which yes people have been waiting on for a while. But serious work on the project didn't start until a few months ago. Like I've said before. It's not like we're sitting on finished code and refusing to release it. Changes to the code occur daily.