DLL Update for May 12th, 2022 (DLLアップデート)

Ender

Snail
Staff member
Guildcard
A new DLL went live just now with some general and high res HUD fixes.

High resolution HUD fixes and changes:
  • The mouse cursor in the lobby bursting screen will now behave properly in high res HUD .
  • The quest loading screen now scales in high res HUD .
  • The minimap in the top right corner of the HUD will show the same area for all HUD resolutions.
    • Starting at HUD resolution scale 130%, the icons on the minimap are scaled for visibility.
    • The Item Pack > Area Map option will zoom out much closer to the same level
  • The text used for damage numbers, misses, and meseta loss, now scales properly with both resolution and high resolution HUD.
    • This text should be roughly 1.4x the size of the HUD HP numbers.
General changes:
  • Added support for default and custom textures in the data folder. This provides a mechanism for loose files instead of packing everything into ItemTextureEP4.afs and ItemModelEP4.afs.
    • The folder structure and default files will be added to the launcher soon to fix the duplicate cache ID issues for Devil's Tail + Purple Ring textures, Tyrell's Parasol item and tekker textures.
    • More info will be posted later.
    • Credit to @Soly for most of the implementation of this.
  • Added support for a new xvm for photon bullets to cover all photon colors in the ItemPMT.
    • A default file will be provided on the launcher along with the duplicated cache ID fixes.
  • The 50 item floor limit for the host has been increased to 700 items inside non-joinable quests.
    • In free field and government quest, the limit is still 50.
  • Increased the maximum file size for many texture assets.
    • Credit to @Esc for the base of this patch.
Thank you for playing on Ephinea!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
DLLをアップデートし、高解像度HUD向けの機能修正と一部機能を追加しました。

高解像度HUDに関する修正点と変更点:
  • バースト画面でのマウスカーソルについて、高解像度HUDでも適切に動作するようになりました。
  • クエストのロード画面について、高解像度HUDに合わせてスケールアップするようになりました。
  • 画面右上のミニマップについて、高解像度設定でも広いエリアを表示するようになりました。
    • 画面右上のミニマップについて、視認性のため解像度130%以上でスケールアップするようになりました。
    • アイテムパック > エリアマップの項目で、従来と同じレベルで詳細表示可能です。
  • ダメージ値・MISS・メセタ消費に関するポップアップについて、通常解像度/高解像度の両方で適切にスケーリングされるようになりました。
    • この表示はHUDのHP数値表示のおよそ1.4倍ほどのサイズになるはずです。
一般的な変更点:
  • dataフォルダ内の構造を整理し、デフォルトおよびカスタムテクスチャ向けのサポートを追加しました。ItemTextureEP4.afsおよびItemModelEP4.afsにすべてを詰め込む構造から、より自由度の高いファイル編集ができるようになります。
    • フォルダ構成およびデフォルトファイルは近日中に追加される予定です。これによりキャッシュIDの重複によって発生していた悪魔のしっぽ・パープルリング、総督恩賜パラソルの鑑定テクスチャの不具合が解消されます。
    • 本仕様に関するより詳細な情報については後程投稿します。
    • Solyさんに多大な協力をいただきました。ありがとうございます!
  • ItemPMTの全てのフォトン色をカバーできるよう、フォトンの弾丸用の新しいxvmサポートを追加しました。
    • キャッシュIDの重複修正に伴い、ランチャー上でデフォルトファイルを提供予定です。
  • ホストのフロアにおけるアイテム数の上限が、50個から700個にまで引き上げられました。
    • ただし、素潜りや総督府・ラボクエストなどの途中参加可能なクエストについては50個上限のままです。
  • 多くのテクスチャセットの最大ファイルサイズが引き上げられました。
    • 本パッチについてEscさんに多大な協力をいただきました。ありがとうございます!
いつもEphineaで遊んでいただきありがとうございます!

Last edited by a moderator:
Noooooo!!!!!!!! You're going to take away my HUmar's purple Devil's Tail??!! I built him around it!! Lol jk idc
Thank you for this beautiful update to a game that was pronounced legally dead many years ago but refuses to die clinically!!!
You are all champions of a huge part of my life!!

Thank you, Ender and Team!

Not having to stress about lost PDs or rares during PW1 and Penumbral Surge 3 is really nice <3

To anyone who dislikes the large damage numbers: You get used to it after like 2 hours and won't even notice it anymore. I was testing this patch a few days early and I can't even tell now, but I'm sure I'm straining my eyes a lot less now.

Last edited:
Noooooo!!!!!!!! You're going to take away my HUmar's purple Devil's Tail??!! I built him around it!! Lol jk idc
Thank you for this beautiful update to a game that was pronounced legally dead many years ago but refuses to die clinically!!!
You are all champions of a huge part of my life!!
Once the default texture files are up on the launcher, you can "fix" this by copying the image for the Purple Ring texture into the Devil's Tail texture file. That's all that's happening at runtime anyway. Both textures have the same global index number/cache ID/PSO ID (Texture Manager shows this) so the first one loaded is the one that's used for both.

• The 50 item floor limit for the host has been increased to 700 items inside non-joinable quests.
    • In free field and government quest, the limit is still 50.
Now I don't have to worry when hosting PW1 and PS3 anymore! Thanks!

Reactions: Ade
I use the standart HUD and since the update my damage/miss/exp hover text across the mobs suddenly is way to big? What can i do to fix this?

Before the update:
Before update.jpg

After the Update:
After update.jpg

Any help? pls?

I use the standart HUD and since the update my damage/miss/exp hover text across the mobs suddenly is way to big? What can i do to fix this?

Any help? pls?
In the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea

Create a DWORD named NO_DAMAGE_SCALE and set to 1 (or anything besides 0) to disable the scaling.

But yes, that's how the numbers should look. They were never scaled before so they were the same pixel size at 640x480 100% HUD and 2160p at any HUD resolution. Now they're scaled so they maintain the 1.4x size compared to your HUD's HP numbers at all resolutions and HUD resolutions.

Thanks for the quick reply,
->created
->restarted client
->worked like a charm

Thank you as always Ender :)

The text used for damage numbers was too small...now it's perfect. The larger font size is easier to read and produces far less eye strain for me.
So good...Thx a lot.

How do I get the old size back for the minimap? The new is too small for me.
There isn't a way to disable this yet but can you elaborate on what you mean by the old size? The minimap itself is the same size. There should be no changes to the size of it on the HUD.

What did change is that the minimap "zooms out" to give you an equal area viewing at all HUD resolutions. For example, this is unscaled 400% HUD resolution on the left and scaled 400% HUD resolution on the right (but before the icons are scaled which the patch does). Both screenshots were taken in that common Forest 1 starting point, the room to the southeast.

400percenthudres.png

The patch also scales up the icons by 0.8x to what they should be at HUD Resolution 130% and up. Not scaling them will make them way too small and you can't even tell which directions the arrows are pointing. So scale the player arrows on the right to 0.8x the size of the left and you'll have the end result at 400%. But 400% is a rather extreme HUD resolution so the impact from scaling up the icons normally won't be so pronounced.

Also the example above was taken at 1600x900, which means 400% is way too extreme for it.

The final minimap at 1600x900 with 400% HUD resolution looks like this:
400percentfinal.png

Last edited:
In the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea

Create a DWORD named NO_DAMAGE_SCALE and set to 1 (or anything besides 0) to disable the scaling.

But yes, that's how the numbers should look. They were never scaled before so they were the same pixel size at 640x480 100% HUD and 2160p at any HUD resolution. Now they're scaled so they maintain the 1.4x size compared to your HUD's HP numbers at all resolutions and HUD resolutions.
Hi Ender, please could you expand on how to do this? I am not very good with computers but the large damage numbers are not doing it for me at all :(

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Was able to work it out with some help from google, numbers back to normal now :) Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Back