disappeared :(

I'm having trouble with things disappearing from the inventory of the player. without expliaÔö£┬║Ôö£├║o
items is disappearing from bank and inventory. so did once when i was a player in SCHT. how can I solve this problem?
Another issue that very cause disorders is in relation to items dropped from a player to the other, as trade does not work, the players drop their items from one account to another.
this causes a descincronizaÔö£┬║Ôö£├║o in the game and the item vain for the player but the cases remain in the soil.
It is to fix this?
I wonder if a player loses his password there is a way to transport characters from one account to another just checking login?

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing you can do but wait for the next version of the server software which has these bugs fixed. Sorry.

Hmm could you elaborate on this? How often does this occur or more importantly how does this happen?

The reason I ask this is I am setting up a server for my friends and I would like to take every precaution necessary to avoid this issue (and subsequently having to take inventory of banks every time I login...).

Also, probably a silly question, but all user item information is stored alongside the login information on the login server right? Just wandering in case this issue arises and I have to hex edit items in....

Soly

The first thing probably soda or tofu could explain a bit to you.

All the information is stored in the database, I still haven't posted the custom db client but it will let you edit everything easily.
However you can go in the db and edit the data by hand. The character_data table is where the ... character data? is xD .. there are the items and stuff.. but you have to be careful editing it by hand.

If you are going to put up a server don't use the DAT version as it wont be supported anymore.

well shoot lol. I know nothing about MySQL so I immediately went with the DAT version. Are you saying your tool won't support it or tethealla is dropping support for the .DAT version altogether?

And yeah I understand the risks of editing by hand and if there's any sort of checksum I'll have to get around that as well...

That's good to know. I guess I'll get up to speed with that so I can be ready.

I guess in the meantime, what are the best practices to avoid the desyncs that are causing items to "disappear?"

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
SweetWilly013 said:
That's good to know. I guess I'll get up to speed with that so I can be ready.

I guess in the meantime, what are the best practices to avoid the desyncs that are causing items to "disappear?"
Without programming:

- Don't ever sort items in your inventory.

With programming:

- Write a patch to ship_server.c to fix the problem with the Sort and Bank functions, then recompile.

kida

I've told everyone on my server to just not use the shared bank for anything they wouldn't want to lose until the server update. Not had any reports of missing items yet.

Edit: guess ii'll tell them to not sort inventory either.