Disable pad controls...

Azen

This might just sound dumb to be honest >.> But I want to know if its possible to have the pad controls disabled without disconnecting the controller. Reason being my little sister and I we want to play on the same screen (we only have one laptop >.>) and when i connect my controller to my laptop it automatically controls all the open psobb clients if the window is clicked or or not.

Soly

Open one client, connect the pad, then open the client you want to control with the pad.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Try again?

1. Unplug your gamepad.
2. Launch the first client. (This means getting to the title screen with the animated PSO logo.)
3. Plug in your gamepad.
4. Launch the second client.

I know if my gamepad is not plugged in and I launch the client, the gamepad won't work unless I relaunch the client... Unless you're using some sort of Joy2Key thing. Then it'd work either way.

Azen

Well what im using is a ps3 controller so when i plug it in in game no matter what it starts working immediately. So im assuming im gonna need to get a different driver for my controller...Thank you guys

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, with my XBox 360 and XBox One controllers (wireless) it doesn't work unless it's already been connected to the PC before launching PSO. Weird PS3 works differently... Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

Eidolon

If you are using ds3tool, you will have to disable it entirely when starting the first client. If you are using SCPServer (which I highly recommend switching to, ds3tool has security problems), you will need to open the SCPMonitor tool and drop the controller from the list, then reconnect it after starting the first client.

The reason this works is that DirectInput initializes its controller list once and doesn't update it. If no controller exists on startup, PSOBB won't bother checking after one is plugged in. If there are multiple controllers, PSOBB will use the one marked as primary in the Game Controllers control panel app. But, ds3tool (the terrible tool it is) always has the DirectInput and/or XInput controller driver loaded even when the controller isn't plugged in or connected over BT. SCPServer will persist an XInput "controller" for a little bit after it disconnects. All XInput controllers double as DirectInput controllers.

qwerty

you can selectively prevent psobb from reading states of any input device by api hooking IDirectInputDevice8::GetDeviceState
the simplest way would be using a proxy dinput8.dll