Didn’t there used to be some quest where Sonic and friends were NPC’s?

jcorb

I really don’t remember if this is a legitimate memory, or some nonsense I saw at a friend’s house on some backed server when I was a kid. I distinctly remember a random memory of seeing Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails walking around in PSO, I think in Forest 1?

Was curious if that was ever a legit mission, and if that is accessible, or was even something for offline or online mode only?

Also, assuming it’s not just a fever dream, would something as goofy as just running around as Sonic and co be something we could ever see? Seems like it would make a fun one-off like April Fool’s. In fact, what classes would you even associate them as? I feel like Knuckles would have to be a HUcast (brawler with traps), Tails I feel like some kind of Ranger, but not sure on Sonic. Maybe HUmar or HUnewearl?

I don't know what their official implementation was, but there is certainly a model for Sonic in the game's data. A looong time ago I had an Action Replay code on my Gamecube that swapped whatever character I was playing as with Sonic's model, and it even worked online.
I can't say for sure what the context of seeing the characters was in your memories, but it wasn't a fever dream.

Only time I saw any reference in-game was in screenshots on the box, manuals, or websites, but they were just PSO characters named Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc.

Attachments

• fsdfddsaf.jpg
    fsdfddsaf.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 28
There's a vanilla Blue Burst event that plays Open Your Heart in the lobby and puts Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman behind the guild and bank counters and all that. Maybe that's what you're remembering?

It's definitely the Tinkerbell's Dog, as that quest did feature the Sonic NPCs in Forest 1. It's how you got Sonic Knuckle, as well.

Not sure what a “GLOMP” is, but I love me some Tails, too! (although Knuckles will forever be my favorite). In fact, I could see actually enjoying playing the FOnewm a whole lot more if you could just swap his appearance with, like… anyone else, lol

Not sure what a “GLOMP” is, but I love me some Tails, too! (although Knuckles will forever be my favorite). In fact, I could see actually enjoying playing the FOnewm a whole lot more if you could just swap his appearance with, like… anyone else, lol
chrome_R7pS4O3ISU.png

Mew just wants to spread her affection and love. It makes her happy to Glomp.

Last edited:
Back