Dedicated GPU

Ceri0n

Guildcard
Guildcard 2
As some might know, I have been searching quite some time to get my hands on a program to cause PSO run on my dedicated GPU. Since I do not understand all the technical gibberish it was pretty hard for me to find out.

For everyone else that has PSO running but not in his or her dedicated GPU, download this
https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases
Put it in your PSO root folder (the folder where Ephinea PSO is in) and you are good to go :) !

What root folder? BMP? DATA? FONT? GAMEGUARD? LOG? REDIST? TEAMFLAG? or in the main folder? I seem to have added it to the main folder to no effect at all

Update simply removed the .dll and than opened NVIDIA control panel, added new program(psobb), and forced Psobb into my dedicated gpu! thanks for the post,

Last edited:
What root folder? BMP? DATA? FONT? GAMEGUARD? LOG? REDIST? TEAMFLAG? or in the main folder? I seem to have added it to the main folder to no effect at all

Update simply removed the .dll and than opened NVIDIA control panel, added new program(psobb), and forced Psobb into my dedicated gpu! thanks for the post,
Good to hear it worked like that! Yes, the main folder indeed.

Wooah nice one. I'm curious how this affects low end computers myself. But on my system, it seems to consistently yield much better performance than the stock game and I was already running on a dedicated gpu. This needs more testing as this could be bundled automatically on private servers if that is the case.

Wooah nice one. I'm curious how this affects low end computers myself. But on my system, it seems to consistently yield much better performance than the stock game and I was already running on a dedicated gpu. This needs more testing as this could be bundled automatically on private servers if that is the case.
Hi Mylandra, I've read that this is a wrapper (I have no clue what a wrapper is but you can't eat it I suppose) that converts the Direct X8 code into Direct X9... or something similar to that. if your GPU is newer than lets say 2004 it will run Direct X9 better than 8 :p .

This is better intended for people that use a mobile based nvidia or amd gpu. Better known as passive GPU's on some laptops and other "gaming" laptops. That .dll allows you to use the passive gpu vs on the onboard intel. When I first played PSOBB I was plagued with this little issues and burdens. Over time though you pick up the these little details.

Hi Mylandra, I've read that this is a wrapper (I have no clue what a wrapper is but you can't eat it I suppose) that converts the Direct X8 code into Direct X9... or something similar to that. if your GPU is newer than lets say 2004 it will run Direct X9 better than 8 :p .

Yeah, I was testing on a local server with the game frame limiter turned off.
This allows me to see how many hundreds/thousands fps I can reach using my desktop GTX 1070.
The result was always higher fps while using the plugin than not using it.
This wrapper is mostly just proxying and not using some backend renderer.
This means it's more lightweight and yields better performance than the other ones out there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was testing on a local server with the game frame limiter turned off.
This allows me to see how many hundreds/thousands fps I can reach using my desktop GTX 1070.
The result was always higher fps while using the plugin than not using it.
This wrapper is mostly just proxying and not using some backend renderer.
This means it's more lightweight and yields better performance than the other ones out there.
Sounds valid (I have no clue tbh).

In laymans terms, what is the point of this / what changes will I notice?
Well, if you have a passive dedicated GPU it will start to use it so better performance (laptop), and even if it does use your dedicated GPU you still get better performance according to Mylandra.

Did I say, better performance? Look, if you hadn't had any issues before then you won't notice anything though.

Last edited:
Back