December Disaster 2#... what even?

Vaire

So yes, this is my first christmas and my first month even on Ephinea but... holy heck, what is with that quest? I'm aware it's a custom quest, but still!

I've made it up to 200 a couple of times in my PSO1-playing-time, but have admittedly not dabbled much in custom quests and I haven't played all that much in a good few years but... how was that supposed to be at all reasonable? Am I missing something? I was on my level 70~ FOmarl, reasonably geared up, running the quest on Normal and that Tower section was hell. So many Ill Gill, and all those Epsilons in the last room, so many, and two at once, multiple times?! Is there some way to chew through Epsilon quickly that I don't know about or don't remember? I was just Grantsing them to death...

I have a feeling that quest was designed for people that have truly mastered the game and have fully kitted out gear...

I played DD2 with FOmr HUcl RAmr RAml for the first time last night. Alll high levels with good gear but we got surprised quite a bit. It was Fun.

Completed in ~25 minutes with all the mistakes and I will definitely play again (with another prepared team).

Rangers need to bring six Baranz Launchers with them now? Who could have predicted that?

Last edited:
Solo on normal and it took me like... an hour... I did have to step away for a few minutes a couple of times though, and it probably would have gone a lot faster if I'd bought my ATA Mag and guns from start, but geez!

It has already become one of my favorite quests Ephinea has to offer, but I expect most players to have their fair share of trouble with it.

I have a feeling that quest was designed for people that have truly mastered the game and have fully kitted out gear...
In a way for sure! It is one of those quests where knowing spawns is really really helpful!

It just took me 30 min with RAmar, 2 casts, and a FO. Somehow I didn’t die. I thought we did great at 30m.

I rec having 2 sets of sphered Baranz Launcher and a SQ to do the quest in a multi party. No need for Hell but helps. For vast majority of enemies you need guaranteed damage. Ep2 has the highest barrier to entry of all episodes but this quest even moreso.

FT you don’t need until the 2nd stage Mountain. On Cast I like using Arrest Needle to save on them in Tower and Mtn Gibbons.

Sacred Cloth is essential on humans. It saves 1 unit for Confuse in North and Shock in Mountain.

1 FOmarl, 2 RAcast and HUcast seems like an ideal makeup.

Last edited:
This quest discourages the use of DF so three rangers might be even better. Maybe HUct is good for CKing the grunts but there are so many big grunts spawning at once that the AoE that RAct provides might still be preferred.

Hell Shot could be useful if it's primed with S2+S3 against the dropping Sinows but I agree that raw damage with traps makes it better.

Again, super fun quest. I got a V502 in my first run.

Last edited:
I like seeing a quest that requires a very high level and strong loadout. There is a HUGE amount of accessible content on this server. Like, an absurd amount. Having a small handful of missions that require dedication and fine-tuning of strategy / loadout is a welcome addition.

A lot of the tower quests are hard to solo, even on normal. Play on ultimate with a party of 4 and it shouldn't seem that bad. I've yet to have any trouble with it and can still beat it even if one player on the team disconnects. Honestly I think quests like PW4, Raid on Central Tower, etc. are harder.

My issue with this quest is it seems to randomly close my client when I enter the Tower section... Get 2/3 of the way through just for the game to say "NOPE"
But it doesn't ALWAYS close, which makes it more confusing than if it were just a "tower broken lol redownload"
Time to post a support thread.

Back