Dark floors (steam deck)

Poumn

DOOM POOM
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
20220817_204649.jpg20220817_204501.jpg

I remember this happening a long time ago on a laptop maybe, no idea how to fix it on the steam deck. Ive installed via lutris and everything's working great except the darness is pretty polarising. Any ideas on a fix?

Looks like you managed to get it resolved by changing to D3D11. (As noted by your Reddit post.)

Good job!

Did this problem ever come back?
When I'm in desktop mode switching it to d3d11 fixed the black shadows. But when I'm in game/steam mode the shadows come back.
I followed this guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I4AibIhq5M85wByePQ3wg8bK5s6DsOl9KQRjRkW-Oas/edit
Is it something in the shortcut override that's causing it?

/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable-21.08 --arch=x86_64 --command=wine --file-forwarding org.winehq.Wine start /unix "/home/deck/.var/app/org.winehq.Wine/data/wine/drive_c/users/deck/EphineaPSO/online.exe"

I selected DX12 in the Ephinea launcher after launching in game mode, but still get the dark floors. I don't have any off the other enhanced graphical options enabled like antialiasing, ambient occlusion, ....

Edit: I ended up following this guide instead and it fixed the problem. I swapped to DX11 after finsihing install. I can now run it in game mode with no issues other than having to do some extra mapping for keyboard stuff.

Last edited:
Back