Coren is Missing

Neirene

Not sure if it was mentioned in the upcoming updates to the source code of the Tethealla server, but is a feature that was implemented exclusively for Blue Burst where "Coren" the tekker comes out to the town to give you random items with the posibility to get a super rare one in exchange of stacks of mesetas of 1000, 10000 and 100000.

dn0txh.jpg

Currently the Thetealla client doesnt supports this feature but it's available in the japanese client (which is the one i'm using in the development server)
Since this feature relies on server side programing he only gives you a standard saber by default but sadly the saber never appears in your inventory.
Are there plans to implement this missing feature?

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Tofuman already coded some placeholder code for it, so I assume it will be implemented at some point.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I have the relevant code in place. however it requires alot of data to get it how sega had it so for the time being just had the server send the client a fake saber as an example. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that many players logged what items they obtained from the wandering tekker.

As far as i know there is a different reward table for each day of the week and every section id and then of course for each meseta amount. So there are alot of items to add to an array and then work out what their odd's should be.

If anyone could provide me with documented items obtained I'll keep it in mind when it's implemented.

Mad

Was Coren there all the time (Normal mode, One Person mode, quests, etc.) or did he only appear at certain times or in certain quests?

FWIW, PSO-World.com’s item database seems to list only Three Seals:

This shield can be obtained on JP BB by talking to the wandering tekker in the city. You can purchase it on Mondays and Saturdays for 10,000 meseta.

Neirene

Mad said:
Was Coren there all the time (Normal mode, One Person mode, quests, etc.) or did he only appear at certain times or in certain quests?

FWIW, PSO-World.com’s item database seems to list only Three Seals:

This shield can be obtained on JP BB by talking to the wandering tekker in the city. You can purchase it on Mondays and Saturdays for 10,000 meseta.

He was there all the time in both pioneers Mad. However isnt really implemented on Ephinea yet

Aleron Ives

It's a big project to put him everywhere, though, as you'd need to add an extra Tekker NPC to every single quest. It seems more sensible to just add him to the freeplay Pioneer 2 maps to avoid messing with the quest data.

Aleron Ives

OK. You said he was there "all the time" when Mad asked if he appeared everywhere, so I wasn't sure what you meant.

Nikki

meh...
I still think ives idea would be simpler on tofuman though lol. The items could be tiered from there according to however sega had it.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
I know its been a long time coming. but I've added the code for Coren to the source. We're likely to need to tweaking the odds of him stiffing you with a junk item when it goes live.

We need to translate his script for english. I'm also unable to find the map and script for him for ep2 and ep4 (unless he was an ep1 only npc on sega) so if anyone has these from a JP client it would be great. Worst case we can always add it ourselves.

Nikki

meh...
<3 freakin neat. So glad you guys are addin stuff. by the by are the stats on weapons randomized or 0'd?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure Coren was part of all Episodes, I found an image of him in the Lab:

13b4ad688eac1d8d91296d923fe364f6.jpg

So they probably put him in Episode 4 as well.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
They are 0'd currently and will probably stay as that are unless we can find data to indicate that Sega did anything different.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Was trying to find the object data that included him for Episode 2 and 4 to get his position correct. I would guess Episode 4's position is exactly the same as Episode 1.

From your picture, I'd guess he is right outside the shops in Episode 2, so we can put him in.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2220860

Video description says:
メセタと曜日で品揃えが変わり、運が良ければスペシャルウェポン等が入手可能(属性はALL0のみ)
"Items change depending on meseta and day of the the week, if you're lucky you'll be able to get special weapons and the like (Element is all 0'd only)"

I know it's just a random video and not a "reliable resource", but not much else to go on.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Which brings up something else funny with a screenshot you showed me showing it as "SPECIAL WEAPON". What's the point if it's all 0? :p Can't magically get % in values that were already 0. I guess to make the player do more work, spend more money a Tekker just to ID it. :D

Coren is definitely a troll.