Constant Disconnect Issues

CalciumSeeds

Guildcard
**UPDATE** 27/03/2018

FIXED!!!

It was an combination of AV and DEP issues together. Tofu managed to fix it all for me though.

#TofuIsATopLad

Hey Folks,

Been on the server around a week or so but ever since I made my seasonal Character I've been disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. There's the odd time that I can actually manage to complete a quest.

I'm from the U.K and but play on U.S ships due the the higher player base.

My internet provider is Virgin and I use their Super Hub 2 router. Please note that I'm plugged straight in with an ethernet cable and have no issues elsewhere with my connection.

I seen one thread on this but the guy replaced his shitty router which apparently helped, that should be my last resort.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Last edited:
Where do you live? Virgin are currently upgrading quite a lot of cabinets across the UK that causes disconnects pretty frequently. My local one was upgraded recently which left me with no internet/constant disconnects for around 4 days while they got engineers out, etc.

When I called Virgin they reported no issues on my line except from a bad SNR, speedtests showed otherwise. Once an engineer had been out to verify they had a guy out to fix the cab the next day.

I'm in the North west of england, if that helps.

Hey Esufer,

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I believe they've already updated ours but then again that might have been a while back (would need to ask the lady as she told me about it).

What's odd is it was absolutely fine for a few days with no disconnects and then as soon as I made a seasonal Char shit hit the fan. It's all very odd.

I'll do a bit of digging at work on Monday, I work for a tech support company, I'll see if anyone has heard anything.

My problems were caused because one party was updated but a certain adapter was not changed in the cabinet.

**UPDATE** So I've been sat in the EU server for a few hours now with no disconnects at all. Has anyone every experienced this issue before?

The North Eastern US has been getting slammed by winter storms, but I don't know if that is affecting your connection with Fodra..

That very well could be the reason. We had it pretty bad snow wise here in Scotland over a week ago (been snowing on and off today also).

Thanks for the heads up.

**UPDATE**

So it is most certainly PB related!!

Keep disconnecting when people use their PB, 3-4 times in a row now. Any suggestions as I've done all I can on my end and I;m starting to get sick of it. It's making the game downright unplayable.

**UPDATE**

So it is most certainly PB related!!

Keep disconnecting when people use their PB, 3-4 times in a row now. Any suggestions as I've done all I can on my end and I;m starting to get sick of it. It's making the game downright unplayable.
That makes literally no sense. Glad a reinstall fixed it.

does the PB like, happen? or partially complete, then kicked off? or immediately?

my super non-professional longshot guess is that maybe there's something graphically about the PB animation your computer doesn't like? what are you playing on? not making an assumption that your computer's a potato or something, but i think most of us are like "what" because, as Esufer said, that literally makes no sense, so that's currently the best i got.

It happens after the PB has finished. I've made sure PSOBB is on my firewall's/antivirus exceptions lists etc. In terms of my PC's specs:
upload_2018-3-19_21-54-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-19_21-52-12.png
    upload_2018-3-19_21-52-12.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
> Could try this. <

Does this happen both when you're host AND when you're not?
Does this happen on Fodra only?
Have you tried reinstalling? Or maybe try a different particle file in your psobb installation.

is that maybe there's something graphically about the PB animation your computer doesn't like?
If this were the case it would probably be crashing, not disconnecting. Probably...

It hasn't fixed it dude. It's continuing to happen XD
Oh god, sorry. I thought I read in the OP earlier in the update that it was behaving now. My bad. Did a bit of asking around at work and we've had nothing out of the ordinary reported from your neck of the woods from Virgin. I would get them to have a look at the line though, they can diagnose the same issue I had over the phone (the signal noise ratio issue).

Do you have anything running that might be impacting your upload/download? steam updates, torrenting software? Also do you get this issue on non-seasonal characters? And if it's happening to all characters since you made a seasonal character, have you tried a second account to see if the issue persists there?

Also, try tethering through your phone and see if that causes disconnects (I ran PSO through my phone connection when I had network issues, works fine). That'd help to narrow down whether it's client or connection based.

With it being PB based, I wonder if it could be something desyncing somewhere? I really don't know - but PBs do cause everything to kinda pause/freeze, is it crashing when you unfreeze? I don't know enough about how PSO works to really offer more than baseless conjecture.

I'll check this thread again in the morning.

So I did a bit of testing with my friends.

Got my friends to make 2-3 games, they did their PB's. No crash.

I made 2 games, they did their PB'. Crashed both times.

I am not tech savvy at all and I honestly have never had this issue with PSO I'm kinda baffled at what to do here as it's clearly PB related.

Surely someone has had a similar issue?! I can't be the only guy.

So I did a bit of testing with my friends.

Got my friends to make 2-3 games, they did their PB's. No crash.

I made 2 games, they did their PB'. Crashed both times.

I am not tech savvy at all and I honestly have never had this issue with PSO I'm kinda baffled at what to do here as it's clearly PB related.

Surely someone has had a similar issue?! I can't be the only guy.
Just to confirm, when you mean crash, do you still mean 100 connection error?

Just to confirm, when you mean crash, do you still mean 100 connection error?
Yeah dude, 100 connection error.

I sent my graphics to lowest, tried low performance mode, took V-Sync off still the same so I really don't know what to do.

Did you try it on a different wifi connection (or tethering from a mobile device?)

Did you try it on a different wifi connection (or tethering from a mobile device?)
I'm plugged straight in via ethernet. I have noticed that my Graphics Card was needing updated drivers installed. You think that will help?

Back