Client Unable To Access Character Bank

saga

Guildcard
1137528912.png

Good evening faithful denizens of Ephinea,
I seem unable to get past the connection-prompt screen here, to actually view my cbank and log in to select a lobby. Just hangs indefinitely.
Thusly I've effectively been locked out of playing since October of last year.

In the way of troubleshooting — most options have been explored but you are welcome to offer advice that I will nonetheless readily implement if possible. The usual suspects, like missing .dll file or AV interference are ruled out. My net connection is fully operational and my computer doesn't seem responsible as another brand new PC's clean install of Ephinea yields the same issue upon account log-in for me.

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
If you've already tried another brand new computer, I'd still point to your network or ISP as the most likely causes.

I'd try one of the following:

1. Try using Wi-Fi or USB hotspot from your cell phone to connect to the server and log onto the same account.
2. Try creating a new account on the server and see if that helps.

I looked at the log and I see your IP address connecting, I can even see you logging in and your guild card # being accepted. I'm not seeing any errors from this end, though, so it's a bit weird that your login process just stops.

OK, went ahead and tried both suggestions.

1. Tethered PC to two different hotspots using LTE — issue persists. USB hotspot fares no better.
2. Logged into new account and the connection screen flickers momentarily (vs main account where it stays static) before successfully connecting and letting me view my character bank. Fully operational; logged into my HUcast and it's all good there. Should also mention I connected to this account using home Wi-Fi as well as the hotspots.

If I let it go for long enough, like 20 minutes or so, it will eventually reach this screen.
1127538912.png

That's insightful and seemingly positive intel to hear that there are no errors on your end; but yeah, I find this whole ordeal perplexing as well.

Very weird it worked on a new account. Well, I guess I will have to look at your account further. Maybe some time this weekend.

I'll send you an PM here as I have some questions.

2022 bump. Not much has changed on my end from above.
Can confirm that two separate accounts will log in successfully on the same PC and network(s) I'm having this issue on.
I am still stuck at the connection in progress screen, unable to access my cbank, where enough time leads to the error no916.
Also, while I might not have 100 million dollars to whoever will help get me out of here... I do have a 40AB Heaven Punisher I will wholeheartedly give to anyone who helps me get back into my account so I can get my HUney and RAmar to 200. Only reason I'm attempting to offer an incentive is because I've moved no closer to solving this since the issue initially occurred in October 2020. Not like all my account's wealth means a thing if I can't access it. Cheers.

pso132442577842005600.png

Rather unorthodox, but has any attempt been made to have a staff member try logging into the account?

Rather strange and doubt its something i can help with, but does trying to use a different (empty) character bank on the non-functional account work?

2022 bump. Not much has changed on my end from above.
Can confirm that two separate accounts will log in successfully on the same PC and network(s) I'm having this issue on.
I am still stuck at the connection in progress screen, unable to access my cbank, where enough time leads to the error no916.
Also, while I might not have 100 million dollars to whoever will help get me out of here... I do have a 40AB Heaven Punisher I will wholeheartedly give to anyone who helps me get back into my account so I can get my HUney and RAmar to 200. Only reason I'm attempting to offer an incentive is because I've moved no closer to solving this since the issue initially occurred in October 2020. Not like all my account's wealth means a thing if I can't access it. Cheers.

Hi there, I have resolved the issue with your account. Sorry for the delay on this, just been extremely busy and actually forgot about you. (My B.)

I had to log into your account to see the issue. I'll PM you a temporary password you're free to change to get back in.

Thanks for your patience and again, really sorry.

For those wondering, the keyboard control data for the account was corrupted. We can only recall this happening one time before and that was with the use of a 3rd party tool to change client controls which corrupted the data. The data that is stored in that table is sent by the client and stored directly.

Not sure if that is what happened in this particular instance, but reinitializing it fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh! Thank you so much Sodaboy!
You have my sincerest and utmost gratitude.
No worries on the time-frame. I figured there's a lot going on these days and frankly, it could have been a longer wait... as long as I'm able to return to my home turf I really have nothing but appreciation in me right now.

Your explanation solves why I had little recourse on my end; I only play with the PS4 controller so unsure as to what role that played in the keyboard control data being corrupted. But alas, I've logged in and seen the light of my account again. To anyone who helped in any capacity — read my case, or was hoping for a solution, you have my appreciation. Grateful to be back on Ephinea!

this Heaven Punisher is yours whenever you want it Sodaboy :3

Well, it's actually all control data, not just keyboard. But it doesn't matter, now that's resolved! Again, I really apologize for the snail pace on solving your issue.

I don't need the HP. LOL. Enjoy using it yourself, you've earned it. ;)

Back