Clarification on obtaining Ragol Ring and not "messing up."

Sun

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=879

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1208

Both of these guides tell how to get the Ragol Ring, but the steps seem slightly different from one another. Such as the first guide telling that you need to do 8 quests that don't involve the Sue/Bernie subplot (including Knowing One's Heart). But the other guide mentions that Bernie not only appears in Knowing One's Heart, but it also mentions Seek My Master which the first guide doesn't even mention.

I just want to know if said guides are correct/wrong, or aren't missing any info so that I don't somehow lock myself out of the Ascendant achievement; nor have to unlock 8-1 multiple times.

I would also like confirmation on this. I have two shots on Vh and Ult, but would prefer to only do it once.

In order to get Ragol Ring, you must first complete the Sue storyline:

falsehead said:
1) When doing the quest, "Dr. Osto's Research", tell SUE your name, unless you
want the SOUL EATER. Then complete the quest.

2) In the quest "Unsealed Door" first talk to Bernie, then find SUE, and talk
to her. Then go back to the beginning of Mine 2 and talk to Bernie again.
Choose to tell him what SUE told you. Complete the quest.

3) Now do "WaterFall Tear", first speak to Sue on Pioneer 2 and ask her about
Black Paper. Now in the caves you will have to find Bernie. Talk to him, and
complete the quest.

4) Go and do "Black Paper". First talk to Sue on Pioneer 2, it doesn't seem to
matter what you ask her.* Then go to the caves and Bernie should be in the
middle of nowhere, waiting for you. Talk with him, and finish the quest.
For Soul of Steel, it doesn't matter what you ask Sue in Black Paper, but if you want the Ragol Ring, you must ask her what her purpose is! In Soul of Steel, you should now be able to get the bonus ending. During the cutscene, say that you want to rescue Elenor, and then tell Montague "No" 3 times. After you beat the quest, play it again to get the epilogue with Elenor in Forest 1.

The Bernie subplot in Knowing One's Heart, Seek my Master, and The Retired Hunter is not necessary, but you might as well do it at some point, since you came this far. ;)

In order to play Seat of the Heart, you must have beaten Gal Gryphon already in GC, and BB may require you to complete the Gal Gryphon government quest. Once you're in the quest, provide the following answers when you're offered a choice:

• You can count on me!
  • Enter teleporter
  • Do not hand [ID] to him
  • Hand ID over
  • Let's go
  • Scold her
  • Jump down
  • I'll do what I can

If you did everything correctly, Sue and Kireek will ambush you in CCA, and Kireek will take Elly's place for the Control Tower portion. In the Control Tower, you need to hit the correct computers on each floor:

• middle
  • last (at top)
  • second right
  • first (in alcove)
  • middle left

After the cutscene on 10F, you'll end up in Seaside Night. Before you talk to Elly, warp up to the raised platform to meet Sue and Kireek again. After you chat with Elly and get the Ragol Ring, she'll start to walk away, but if you follow her, you'll get a nice epilogue.

Neither guide mentioned Soul of Steel at all, so I'm assuming they're incomplete/incorrect. And are Addicting Food/Lost Bride/Secret Delivery/Grave's Butler/Knowing One's Heart still required?

Waterfall Tears is unlocked after completing those (sans Knowing One's Heart).

The Sue storyline is required for the good endings of both Soul of Steel and Seat of the Heart, but you technically don't have to beat Soul of Steel in order to get Ragol Ring; you just deprive yourself of lots of important plot points from one of the two story quests that are actually good, and if you're going to invest the time it takes to beat Seat of the Heart properly, then you ought to avail yourself of the quest that gives you the first half of the story that Seat of the Heart finishes.

RR.PNG Tried and tested :lenny:
One thing that is not specified is what you say to bernie when you find him "in the middle of caves." I chose "to learn more" or something along those lines, since that fit in with the rest of the storyline- turned out to be correct.
I also didn't do Soul of Steel because the npc dodging is too annoying :oops:

Last edited:
I also didn't do Soul of Steel because the npc dodging is too annoying :oops:
Don't play The Retired Hunter now, or Donoph will automatically detect that you do not understand what it means to be a MAN.

Seriously, it's not that hard if you just stand there for a moment to learn their patterns. It's not like you fail the whole quest if you mess up. ;)

Donoph's the man. Apparently he and Heathcliff were chums.

Ugh I thought i did everything right but didn't get the Ragol ring at the end. feels bad

Back