Charity Idea / for next event

DieDieDie

Had the idea to do some real life giving to a cause via a established secure electronic donation website next event.

I thought it might be a cool optional thing for individuals in the community to do a pledge for Ubers found or Time Attack records broken.

We'd have to decide on what charity to support, and which site best facilitates the donation. Then let people make their pledge per X thing, up to X amount.

Might be cool way, what are other people's thoughts on this?

twitch reccomends these things here: https://www.twitch.tv/creatorcamp/en/connect-and-engage/charity-streaming/
idk if it would need to be a streaming thing per se, tho

Last edited:
What a wonderful positive idea. Idk if devs will be behind it but there should be nothing wrong with organizing it yourself.

Definitely tying it into a stream will help spread the message and you can also post to the r/PSO reddit to get some exposure.

As for what the donation should be for i would be very cautious about since many well known places to donate to are often known for cooking books and possibly helping less than they say they do. Smaller is better in this type of scenario. Could give all the money to an orphanage in mexico/south america directly for example, where you know it is doing lots of help.

As for catchy name ideas best i can come up with is "Phantasy Star for Good" or something along those lines.

Well best of luck with the idea i hope you follow through with it. I am broke atm but can maybe pledge like 2$ lol.

What a wonderful positive idea. Idk if devs will be behind it but there should be nothing wrong with organizing it yourself.

Definitely tying it into a stream will help spread the message and you can also post to the r/PSO reddit to get some exposure.

As for what the donation should be for i would be very cautious about since many well known places to donate to are often known for cooking books and possibly helping less than they say they do. Smaller is better in this type of scenario. Could give all the money to an orphanage in mexico/south america directly for example, where you know it is doing lots of help.

As for catchy name ideas best i can come up with is "Phantasy Star for Good" or something along those lines.

Well best of luck with the idea i hope you follow through with it. I am broke atm but can maybe pledge like 2$ lol.
yeah i was thinking maybe the most neutral kind of charity would be animal shelter tbh, like an SPCA or maybe world wild life fund? idk they come to mind but i dont know if they're good. but orphanage would be cool too, they'd just need to be approved from some internet source....

other thing i was thinking was, if streaming is popular among people, maybe we could get some real optimized players to stream on their twitch accounts and put a donation link for the event in their description. I dont stream really, but maybe cool to get a schedule where someone once a day does their stream with the pledge going for a time goal, or x number of things found

Back