Character suddenly deleted...

fr4n9015

Guildcard
Hi Guys !

I would like to report a bug that I've encountered while I was playing alone the quest "Christmas fiasco".

During this quest in Very Hard mode, I decided to take a little break in Ruins 3, in a corridor (so, a safe place).
There was no enemy near me.

At the end of my break (2-3min), I've found that my character had been teleported to Pioneer, in the Infirmary.
A message text notified me that my internet connexion was lost (or something like that... my internet access may be very unstable...).

Usually, when this kind of problem occur, my plays are shut down and the title screen pop up.

But this time, my hardcore mode's character, whose name was CYRANO (HUmar, level 94 or 95... I guess ?), have been completely removed !

I don't understand what's happened and I'm positively sure that my character was not K.I.A. ...

Could somebody help me ?

Is my character definitely lost ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

By the way, it's the first time I post a message (I'm not a very talkable guy... and english is not my first language... sigh)
Not very sure if I could report this problem here. Sorry if it was not the place to report this...

Looks like your character died while you were AFK. In Christmas Fiasco's final room, there is active poison. The range of this poison also extends into the hallway entering the room. If you AFKed there, it's likely you died to the poison.

So your character was definitely lost. But the event is still active with +200% experience, so you can probably get back to level 95 quickly!

Thanks for your quick response, Ender !

I made a test just now in this quest with a sandbox character.

It's appears that the hallway where I previously waited was effectively near the final room (but I didn't know it was... 'cause "first time doing this quest" !).
And this poisonous trap (I didn't suspect it presence) take a few seconds to start becoming... effective (sigh...).
Even in a corridor.

Sooooooo.. My character died of poison in the hallway... then has teleported to the Infirmary.
And there, my internet access has finally shut down.
In less than 3 minutes.

Sooooooo... Wrong timing... Wrong place... Wrong decision (My. Bad.)...

Huuuuum... it's ridiculous... but it makes sense now !

Thanks for your quick response, Ender !

I made a test just now in this quest with a sandbox character.

It's appears that the hallway where I previously waited was effectively near the final room (but I didn't know it was... 'cause "first time doing this quest" !).
And this poisonous trap (I didn't suspect it presence) take a few seconds to start becoming... effective (sigh...).
Even in a corridor.

Sooooooo.. My character died of poison in the hallway... then has teleported to the Infirmary.
And there, my internet access has finally shut down.
In less than 3 minutes.

Sooooooo... Wrong timing... Wrong place... Wrong decision (My. Bad.)...

Huuuuum... it's ridiculous... but it makes sense now !
If you're still playing, I don't mind helping you power level a little bit!

FYI, when a hardcore character dies, the server disconnects you. It only looks like a failed internet connection.

Back