character data offsets

landong

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a community page for my private server I just set up. I wanted to add an Amory page for your character but in order to do so I have to read in the character blobs in the database. I've been all over Google and I just can't seem to find a guide on the offsets in the blob to read in the values for the character.

Does anyone have list of the data offsets for the header and character blobs? That would be really awesome thanks.

landong

I guess I could scour the server source and try to figure it out myself, but I hate to reinvent the wheel of someone already had the info.

Soly

In the def_structs.h (ship server source) you can find all the structs you need.
If you want to show your items, you will have to parse the inventory (and bank?), match item IDs against a list of names (i guess you would want names), also according to what item it is show the corresponding stats.
Chuk has a program, I have one too, that does exactly that (part of is functionality). I haven't done it in PHP but shouldn't be too hard
svUbosi.jpg

Last edited:

landong

OK cool thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll have a look later on.

Yep I'm doing it in php as a WordPress plugin. ;)

landong

Thanks again for sharing that, I already got the character stats parsed in php and its going really smoothly.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't recommend having a PHP site query the game database directly. Personally I'd create an event in MySQL to run daily (or more frequent if required) which extracts the data to another DB. Then query that DB for the info. (preferably a DB on a different server to the game DB).

Mylandra

Sounds good bro, you could make an auction house and/or add a marketplace/trade zone for players along with many other features if you are really motivated. This is one of the few online games that still doesn't have any web-based control panel. It's nice to see there are still people who are creative enough to work on new stuff for this game once in a while. In this day and age, things are getting connected more and more over time, so this is a good way to get things kicking to add more interaction between players outside of the game. Have fun with your work and hopefully you come up with something good.

landong

i'm going to do the armory similar to wow, i have my own database wordpress is running off of and i'm going to cache everyone's player data there. I'm only going to do a small request to the game server when the data is needed only to check if the data is up to date or not, if it isn't and the person is offline i'll pull in the data and cache it.

landong

also yea actually the other day i thought of doing an auction house. I guess now i have an excuse to utilize the remnants of a PSO unity clone i made a while back for the armory and stuff.

I actually had gotten as far as a working lobby and stuff but i paused work on it for a while and after i came back to work on it i had to use a newer version of unity which basically broke all of my networking code i had put into it :(

https://code.google.com/p/open-pso/

I made it open source if anyone wanted to use it.

onlinemovement.png

Last edited:

Broomop

good luck its pretty easy to do i did work on a panel that allows you to give items to players and organise everything on a webpanel. However i got bored and left it alone. Its all class based and could be easy to implement into wordpress. for example. slot[0]->getitems(guildcard); would get a players items in slot 0, slot[0]->additem('000000','000000','000000'); or slot[0]->additembank('000000','000000','000000'); or slot[0]->additem('monomate','2'); etc.. I spent a good time on it. Just PM if your interested im willing to help you.

Mylandra

If you're going to make a pso « clone », you might want to look at this other project

You guys might be able to work together since your goals are pretty similar and it'd go much faster for the both of you.

landong

I don't think i'm going to do a Clone, i tried for a while and got pretty far but in the end i felt my time would be better spent making my own game that was similar to PSO but not PSO so i can monetize it.

This is a shot from my current game i'm building which takes a lot of pages PSO but it's an entirely different game using all of my own content.

11425185_10153447364346350_1326849272336294266_o.jpg