Changing a character's section ID

Fire AKA Drazn

Loves Games
the Ephinea server has the ability to change a character's section ID via /command ingame.

I am assuming this is a plugin designed specifically for that server, but I'm wondering if there is any easy-ish way to change a character's section ID within a vanilla TethVer1.25.13 server?

If you could point me in the direction of some tool i could use that would also help, looked at what Soly and Tofu had on offer but nothing seemed relevant, that said I could easily have overlooked something.

Soly

Is not any plugin, that's coded in the ship server.
You'd have to modify the server code and compile a new ship.

Fire AKA Drazn

Loves Games
I don't suppose there is a pre-compiled Teth ship server with this feature that I could obtain? And even if i did would that be problematic for my v1.25.13 client?

I saw a few posts of you and sodaboy discussing the updated teth version, and that you weren't planning to release it before it was done. Is it a case of i just need to wait until you guys are done? Or did I miss the big reveal ;3

Soly

You are right, there is not a compiled server with those commands. and it would not affect the client, except it it has a different bbtable which you would have to just patch psobb.exe.

Its pretty easy to do this in the current server release tho.
And yeah, I don't want to put out something broken or at least not the same as the old release, also note that my rewrite is not the same as Soda's, although he has helped me tons.

If anything, you could edit the database.
Load the row of the character data you want to change, open its column data, go to offset 0x3A8 (decimal 936) and select the new section ID.