Cant start game. Please help

Skunk

Hello. New member here trying to get the game to launch, but having some trouble.
I downloaded the installer and ran, everything went smoothly. Booted the launcher and hit Start Game. the launcher closes and nothing happens. Psobb.exe was deleted.
Read the "What to do when your game wont start" post. Followed all the instruction provided.
Disabled anti virus (windows defender)
Added the Folder to exceptions, just to make sure
Added psobb.exe to the DEP exceptions
Changed compatibility and run as admin to psobb.exe and the launcher
Tried to launch the game again, and the same thing happened. The launcher closes, nothing happens and psobb.exe is deleted.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No good.
Using Windows 10 OS
Tried searching das internets for help, came up short save the threads on this site.
Wat do? Plz halp.

Did you set your resolution to something higher than your monitor will support?

Also, launcher closing and PSOBB.exe being deleted still sounds like you have something running like anti virus... or worse.

I did not change the resolution for the game. Current size is 640x480. My display size is 1920x1080.
I have no other anti virus programs.
I guess I should also add that the installation path is C:\Users\user name\Games\EphineaPSO. Not sure is that matters or not. Folder is not protected or hidden.

Thank you for such a prompt response.

Last edited:
I got it working. There was a ghost installation of McAfee on my comp, which was causing the problems. Nuked it and now the game boots fine.

Back