Can't connect to server?

Cassie 9

Real Life Red Ring Rico
Guildcard
I try to play PSO with public Wifi at my university, and it can never connect to the server. Does their Wifi just block it, or is there a way that I can disable this? I see other people playing online games, so I don't think it's that their Wifi blocks all games. Plus, that would be awful, lol.

Also, I'll try to play at my friend's house, but I can never be on for more than 2 minutes before it disconnects me, and most of the time it doesn't even let me on.

It works fine at my house, though.

How fix?

I think their public wifi is similar to my mobile provider where if you dont use enough data (pso is a dial up mmo) they deprioritize your bandwidth / cut you off - try running twitch/skype/ or a constant ping to google and then loading pso so theres a steady flow of data into your machine.

Some of the online games they play could be more trusted and not from an unknown server like ours. You could always get around it by using a VPN like something from Private Internet Access with OpenVPN over a TCP or UDP connection to port 80 and then run PSO.

Back