Cannot find the right setting for loot modifications.

Seffy16

I've been scouring the itemPT.gsl file for something indicative of a rare drop rate. I've scoured the forums also to see if anyone else was having this difficulty.

How exactly do I alter the chance for an item to be RARE?
I found all the other variables which allow me to set special item drop rates for weapons with unique properties, to specific monster DAR rates (which, even set to 100, have zero impact on the rate at which redboxes drop, rather the overall drop chance)

Is there something I'm missing? I feel like I'm going to kick my self in the head when I find the correct variable. Thanks!

Edit to fill in new info:
Discovered that it is infact the itemRT that requires editing to alter the rare rates. With no available tool, I see now that this isn't possible. If anyone knows of a way to make modifications to this file, that would be great.

Last edited:

Seffy16

Just to put an addendum on this thread, Sodaboy responded to my issue in the chatbox, so I figured I'd post the conclusion here so future forum searchers might locate this thread and use it.

The itemRT editor is the tool required to edit the frequency of drops.
You must select 'file' > 'import legacy' when using the tool for the old server files. Once you pick this, you'll have to direct the tool to the drops folder in the server directory.

everything after this is self explanatory.

Big thanks to Sodaboy for the help + work.

Soly

Just to let you know, Seffy, the program won't save as text files, only as ItemRT.gsl

I can give you a modified login_server that loads this file instead of the text files.

Seffy16

That would be amazing Soly, I discovered I couldn't 'import' my changes only after going through the whole table and making my changes haha.
Rookie mistake xD

Soly

Well.. if you already have the finished file then there is no problem, I'll make a login later today.

Fire AKA Drazn

Loves Games
Don't suppose i could also get a link to that modded login server? I'm in need of it for the same reasons as Seffy16 ;3

Might be a good idea to put it in your tools section Soly? This thread is pretty old, i dunno if anything has changed since then, but i can't find a link though i can find Soly mentioning it several times.

Last edited:

Soly

Should be this one. I'm not entirely sure so keep a copy of the original.
It should be for client 1.25.13 and load ItemRT.gsl for drops (if it works, you should be able to get rid of all the text files of the drops)

Fire AKA Drazn

Loves Games
It appears to work, but now I cannot log in as any of my accounts on the server. I think this might be because its compiled for the SQL version of the server? Since i couldn't figure out how to get that working im still using the .dat version.

Is there a .DAT version or am i SOL and need to go take a course in how to setup a SQL server? ;3

Soly

That login is made for the SQL version, yeah.
You'll have to move to SQL if you want to use this one.
I don't have any code for the DAT version and don't plan to support it in any way, sorry.

Shidouri

Configure rare monster rate through tethealla.ini

Configure the rare drops percentage and item for each monster through the mob text files.
The item hex code can be taken from the ItemPMT or bbitems.txt
The 0-255 value for the rare rate in a fraction/percentage, I've got a rough copy of what each value is (or so I think), just pm me

Or, ask Soly very kindly for his ItemRT.gsl if he's willing to give it up, I just have issues implementing that in the login ¬.¬

Hope that helped :)

Soly

But remember the gsl still requires a new login.
I guess I'll just have to add back the text file support, at least to some degree.

Shidouri

Sometimes you just gotta make do with what's there lol.
Gutted that the login doesn't work when recompiled with that function though, the ItemRT is far superior in terms of flexibility.

Maels

Thank you all for the replies. I do not have the patience to edit all the little text files. I guess I will just do without unless ItemRT is brought back.

Shidouri

I might try and pump out a little program that helps interpret the text files for the people that are using the text files for drops. Just need someone to glance over my conversion chart to make sure the values are correct.

Soly, you're too good to us man. :p

Shidouri

Should be this one. I'm not entirely sure so keep a copy of the original.
It should be for client 1.25.13 and load ItemRT.gsl for drops (if it works, you should be able to get rid of all the text files of the drops)

If you're using SQL you could use this login provided further up.

I could give you the ItemRT gsl (as long as Soly is alright with that, as it isn't my file to distribute) so you can use the ItemRT editor to do the rare rates, the only problem being you cant expand the login server's functionality as it's pre-compiled. If that isn't an issue for you, go for your life :)

Soly

Sure, that's fine is not like the file is mine anyway, the one I provided you is just the "original".
Maybe I should include it in that 7z file