Can anyone understand the lyrics to Strange Blue?

Goldom

So apparently this is a controversial opinion, but I love this dang song – but can't understand almost any of it.
I'm also wondering if it's done with Vocaloid. It sounds like it, but the timeframe seems wrong, as Vocaloid was only released the same year as PSOBB. Could just be a heavily post-processed singer.

Strange Blue Ranger? X3!
Disk Vol.9 "Strange Blue" is a playable music disk. It plays the song "Strange Blue", a song created by mabuse for the Japanese Blue Burst servers' first anniversary celebration, PSO BB一周年記念感謝祭イベント.

Community members were able to submit songs to officially be included in the game; "Strange Blue" won first runner-up.

mabuse's submission described the song:

"Although the world of PSO never changes, each visit is a new experience. With this song, I hoped to convey that you're not alone."

mabuse's submission described the song:

"Although the world of PSO never changes, each visit is a new experience. With this song, I hoped to convey that you're not alone."

Damn. This is possibly the best description I've heard for what makes PSO such an engaging game. The game remains the same, but each time we log in, there's something about the experience that keeps us coming back.

The song is such a banger too, I never thought about what it even said. All I can say is bravo.

Considering the song description,.. if presented with only 2 options, it obviously is saying "places" yeah.

Also, as a fellow audio tinkerer i agree with No Hit on it being vocaloid as well.
I wonder if the answer has been found in the japanese community.. Someone who speaks both languages on a solid/native level might be able to actually make out the lyrics, considering they've been synthesized in a text to speech manner via a software most likely adhering to japanese (and not english) phonetics. Wouldn't be surprised if they (the creator) had to go all C64 speech synthesis on this one and approximate the english phonetics "manually" (ex: inputting "pureisees"to get the vocaloid to sing "places" etc) - now that would obviously make the task a bit harder, or at least definitely more longwinded. I may look into this at some point!

It's a good topic to dig out once or twice per year. I am positive this mystery can be solved! : ))

Back