CakeWatch: On Patrol

redria7

CakeWatch
Hello there Pastries!

FcesRd3.png
Without going into too many details, CakeWatch is a clan alliance from the airship game Guns of Icarus Online, between the 2 clans Overwatch and Cake.

I effectively joined Overwatch on day 2 (a bunch of new friends made the clan without me lol) back in 2013 (yes before the Overwatch game was announced). We played together, had some fun, tried a few tournaments, did surprisingly well, and grew into a strong casual competitive clan, with an emphasis on fun over absolute effectiveness.

Cake is a slightly older clan, happily summarized by the phrase "fire and fun". Fire weapons were heavily encouraged, and fun was goal #1.

I don't claim to represent either clan at this point, though I do have a strong history with Overwatch and loved playing games with any member of Cake. This is a distinct team with no official affiliation with the old clans. But the name stands in recognition of the amazing times I had with amazing people, even if our ships have since landed.
This is a team founded with 4 goals in mind:
  • Existing as a social group. I'd like to form a small group to chat about personal goals/achievements, daily life, game theory, etc. This includes voice chat to hang out while we play (even if we are playing different things)!
  • Team perks. Obviously this is a big draw of teams - having a way to use the dressing room and play some of the better quests. The first perk will be the dressing room.
  • Casual group challenge mode/questing/item hunting. Obviously everyone will want to play some multiplayer at some point. Challenge mode requires at least 2 people, and settling in for some of the longer grinds can be more fun with a few friends. I want a nice casual atmosphere where anyone with similarly leveled/geared characters can work together when they feel in the mood.
  • Sharing and celebration of personal challenges/objectives. In a grind-focused game like this, setting goals for yourself and meeting them can provide the satisfaction you play for. Additionally, designing challenges can extend gameplay once you've accomplished everything else.
To summarize, this is a team for those interested in zero obligation casual social gameplay, willing to sacrifice efficiency for fun while working towards long term goals. A few benchmarks that might help you decide if we're a fit for you:
  • If you are hunting for a drop from the Dragon/Sil Dragon boss, do you prefer to run free roam forest over TTF resets?
  • Do you prefer to play with players of your own level/gear rather than playing with players of a different caliber to accelerate leveling/looting?
  • Are you interested in creating new self-imposed rule sets to extend gameplay once you feel you've completed normal gameplay?

Does this sound interesting to you? Great! Reply here or message me and I'll get you added to the discord and the team in game when possible.

Does this sound interesting to you but you already have a team? Great! Reply here or message me and I'll get you a discord invite so you can hang out anyway.

My discord handle in case you don't have a forum account: redria7#8913

Thanks for reading!
Happy Birthday!
meow meow

This seems similar to how I like to play :) I made a team just to establish it but I wouldn't mind offing it to join up and play a bit as long as we can pace with each other :3 I'll DM you my discord!

Sounds right in line with the way I play. I spend most of my PSO time soloing, but would like some like-minded folks for doing multiplayer content once in a while.
I've also got a bank full of trash rares just waiting to be turned into team points~

My discord's Goldom#0067 and main character is Enkima.

Back