C Mode - New or Veteran players, anyone interested?

Mordliss

Figured I would post a thread to see if anyone wanted to meet up and play some C-Mode. Would be great to start from scratch, Episode 1 and see if we can get a time for an S Rank reward, nothing too crazy. I am also down for re-running challenge missions for better time if we get one too slow. I am up for the long haul dedication to getting an S Rank weapon, and running each mission multiple times if our team consisted of new players and we all have to figure out the maps it is fine with me. Hopefully looking forward to grouping with anyone that has interest!

I am available this week, anytime Thursday, late night Friday, late night Saturday, and all day Sunday. I am in NA, Eastern Time.

I have almost Zero Experience with C-Mode. Isn´t that about playing through the game on Level 1, with nothing on the bank? Like in one straight playthrough?

That in itself seems very time consuming. But please enlighten me, how it really worked and how much time and difficulty this challenge brings.
I am very adept of the game mechanics in every class, but the time aspect might be too much for me.

quick break from my lurking for a friendly reminder that i have a full ep2 challenge mode guide with maps on the wiki. see link in my signature if you're interested!

I have almost Zero Experience with C-Mode. Isn´t that about playing through the game on Level 1, with nothing on the bank? Like in one straight playthrough?

That in itself seems very time consuming. But please enlighten me, how it really worked and how much time and difficulty this challenge brings.
I am very adept of the game mechanics in every class, but the time aspect might be too much for me.
Sort of, but not in one play session. Episode 1 consisted of 9 challenge missions, they are usually referred to as "1c1" meaning Episode 1 challenge mission 1, up to 1c9 and then Episode 2 has its own like 2c1. So essentially, you play each of these 9 missions from Episode 1, in single sessions, and your total accumulated time for all of the challenge missions combined has to be less the 7 hours total in order to qualify as "S Rank" and be able to obtain an "S Rank" Weapon. This is the only way to obtain S Rank Weapons. The first mission, 1c1 is relatively short, under a half hour if done correctly, but then some of the missions are an hour or so. The cool thing is that even if we do all 9 missions from Episode 1, and our total time comes in at 7 hours and 15 minutes or whatever the time is, we can simply go back to missions we know we took a long time on and drop those missions down. Once our total time is under 7 hours we qualify for the S Rank.

So its actually pretty forgiving, it just takes time to learn the maps, and what paths are required to progress, and what paths lead to better drops. Your character is scaled for that particular challenge mission, and given specific equipment loads. So for example, 1c1 is all level 1 characters with the basic starting class items, however 1c2 will start us out at say level 6 and hunters may start with a Sword, while Rangers start with a handgun still. Your loadout is premade, but monsters can still drop randomly throughout.

Additionally, each player has a scape doll, and if anyone dies and cannot be revived either by a player or a scape doll, the challenge mission fails for everyone and the time is not counted.

So as an example, lets say we meet up Thursday and play 1c1, but we all have no clue what areas are required or what areas are dead ends, and it takes up 30 minutes. Well, we know that 1c1 should take way less then that, so we can go back in and knock that time down to 18 minutes by learning the map. We then have 8 more missions that can take a total of 6 hours and 42 minutes to qualify for S Rank Weapons.

quick break from my lurking for a friendly reminder that i have a full ep2 challenge mode guide with maps on the wiki. see link in my signature if you're interested!
I appreciate that, I would really want the Double Saber S Rank to being back nostalgia from my Dreamcast days, but if I can get a group together, I am always down to go for Episode 2 afterwards!

Sort of, but not in one play session. Episode 1 consisted of 9 challenge missions, they are usually referred to as "1c1" meaning Episode 1 challenge mission 1, up to 1c9 and then Episode 2 has its own like 2c1. So essentially, you play each of these 9 missions from Episode 1, in single sessions, and your total accumulated time for all of the challenge missions combined has to be less the 7 hours total in order to qualify as "S Rank" and be able to obtain an "S Rank" Weapon. This is the only way to obtain S Rank Weapons. The first mission, 1c1 is relatively short, under a half hour if done correctly, but then some of the missions are an hour or so. The cool thing is that even if we do all 9 missions from Episode 1, and our total time comes in at 7 hours and 15 minutes or whatever the time is, we can simply go back to missions we know we took a long time on and drop those missions down. Once our total time is under 7 hours we qualify for the S Rank.

So its actually pretty forgiving, it just takes time to learn the maps, and what paths are required to progress, and what paths lead to better drops. Your character is scaled for that particular challenge mission, and given specific equipment loads. So for example, 1c1 is all level 1 characters with the basic starting class items, however 1c2 will start us out at say level 6 and hunters may start with a Sword, while Rangers start with a handgun still. Your loadout is premade, but monsters can still drop randomly throughout.

Additionally, each player has a scape doll, and if anyone dies and cannot be revived either by a player or a scape doll, the challenge mission fails for everyone and the time is not counted.

So as an example, lets say we meet up Thursday and play 1c1, but we all have no clue what areas are required or what areas are dead ends, and it takes up 30 minutes. Well, we know that 1c1 should take way less then that, so we can go back in and knock that time down to 18 minutes by learning the map. We then have 8 more missions that can take a total of 6 hours and 42 minutes to qualify for S Rank Weapons.
Alright. Sounds Like fun.

I’m a vet altogether but a newbie to C-Mode. I can commit to Thursday from 5EST and possibly earlier onward and can do Friday night as well. These days are usually open for me.

I’ll look at some guides in the meantime for Ep1. Eventually I’ll do Ep2 as I would like a couple Needles and Cards at some point.

I’m Asim (Uno) on the very active Discord. That’s the best way to reach me. There’s also a guy named Hardwood looking for someone for C-mode everyday.

:)

In the meantime I recommend downloading the Item Reader add-on and hiding the display in the bottom-right quad so you can read what drops without having to walk over and potentially waste time. It can be disabled whenever.

Last edited:
Im stuck on 1c6 on a foney if you dont mind me joining in late. Usually can get on around 8:30-9 pst any day of the week. Im down to play the earlier rounds too on a new toon lol

Not sure if I misread but cmode does not need to be finished in one sitting. A stage, must be. But as a whole, you can stop at any point after finishing a stage :eek: I am more then happy to help if you message me on discord or ping cmode in the discord :3

I’m usually available evenings through the week except Thursdays, but I’d be down to give it a shot!

I’m, uhh, not very good though, lol. What would be a good class to try learning? Kinda thinking maybe RAmar might be bad? Or maybe HUcast?

I’m usually available evenings through the week except Thursdays, but I’d be down to give it a shot!

I’m, uhh, not very good though, lol. What would be a good class to try learning? Kinda thinking maybe RAmar might be bad? Or maybe HUcast?
Im on in the evenings as well (pacific time). I wouldnt even rly mind doing a 2p run. Cmode is pretty easy and you just need to focus on not getting hit mostly and knowing some of the secrets/shortcuts. Which are easy enough to figure out since you can just watch a run as you play while you are learning or read a guide.
If i recall correctly the two best classes are Foney and Hucast. But episodes and stages are factors as well. RA are pretty trash for the most part but become more useful in a 4p party.

Back