Buying Mags

Trunks

I don't know if this has been suggested before (I couldn't find a corresponding thread), but it'd be convenient if you could just buy a mag at a store rather than having to create new characters to do it. It'd probably be a good server optimization too in a way.

Cyb3r_ZER0

Apparently there is a limit of how many items get to be displayed in the shops. Adding a buy-able mag would be replacing something already on the shop so I would doubt that would fly. Even hypothetically speaking, if they decide to implement this they would have to put all the variable colors of the mags making it pretty cluttered. Making a new shop NPC to sell them is something I highly doubt the devs would bother since its more work for essentially nothing since making a new character only takes a few minutes.

Trunks

Apparently there is a limit of how many items get to be displayed in the shops. Adding a buy-able mag would be replacing something already on the shop so I would doubt that would fly. Even hypothetically speaking, if they decide to implement this they would have to put all the variable colors of the mags making it pretty cluttered. Making a new shop NPC to sell them is something I highly doubt the devs would bother since its more work for essentially nothing since making a new character only takes a few minutes.

Would anyone really miss the randomized useless weapons/armor? All the best gear is found out on the field anyway.

Also, you could just randomize the mag color.

Cyb3r_ZER0

Would anyone really miss the randomized useless weapons/armor? All the best gear is found out on the field anyway.

Also, you could just randomize the mag color.

While the randomized armor is not that much of a problem, the weapon shop does sell some pretty nifty 50Hit Charge stuff at times. Randomizing mag color would defeat the purpose. Why would anyone bother buying a random color mag when they could spend 2 minutes guaranteeing the color they want? This server is rather strict when it comes to changing things and this is something that isn't really beneficial at the cost of losing things. A dev might look at it and see it as unnecessary work that removes items from the shop to add an item no one would really use. Sort of a lose/lose situation but that is just my opinion though.

Reactions: Zen

NDW

03:US/Fodra:02-11
I find it convenient and easy enough to create a character dedicated to getting a LV5 mag with a color of my choice.

No need for OP's idea.

Trunks

I respectfully disagree, what about people who use all of their character slots? Unless there's not actually a limit on this server.

Cyb3r_ZER0

32 character slots available per account. Assuming a person makes all 12 different classes, that still leaves 20 free slots to do as you please. That is more than anyone will ever need.

Mags also aren't really something anyone needs to constantly buy. Most players will only ever use one mag per character (maybe two if you have alternate builds for something like a Fonewearl) anyway so this feature doesn't really make anything convenient.

Last edited:

ToasterMage

I joked about asking sodaboy for a /mag command that would just drop a mag where you were standing. This was before the 32 character thing was added and that totally made my idea useless.