Brightness Setting Not Working

radio5

As the title says, my brightness setting doesn't appear to be working. No matter what I set it to, there's no apparent change. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks

It hasn't worked for me in a long time. Maybe even since I was playing on official Sega server. Perhaps it only worked on old CRT monitors or something, idk.
I don't think it would do anything your monitor brightness setting wouldn't do anyway.

Personally I use a program called "Powerstrip" for increasing/decreasing gamma on-the-fly in games which don't have a setting for it. So that might work.

Last edited:
It is not working for you because you are not using Fullscreen in "Windowed Mode:" options (which you arguably shouldn't, its archaic). This feature will not work if you are using Windowed or Virtual Fullscreen, the game was this way on official Sega release as well.

That makes sense, because I haven't used fullscreen since the old days. (Although I still doubt it does anything your monitor settings don't).

But please explain to me why windowed mode is "archaic"? I use this mode so I can still have easy access to my taskbar (and thus easily switch between PSO and browser etc).

Last edited:
Usagi was referring to the Fullscreen option under the "Windowed Mode" dropdown as an archaic setting, not windowed mode.

It is not working for you because you are not using Fullscreen in "Windowed Mode:" options (which you arguably shouldn't, its archaic). This feature will not work if you are using Windowed or Virtual Fullscreen, the game was this way on official Sega release as well.
Thank you. Makes perfect sense.

It hasn't worked for me in a long time. Maybe even since I was playing on official Sega server. Perhaps it only worked on old CRT monitors or something, idk.
I don't think it would do anything your monitor brightness setting wouldn't do anyway.

Personally I use a program called "Powerstrip" for increasing/decreasing gamma on-the-fly in games which don't have a setting for it. So that might work.
Thanks for the tip. Does it allow you to change settings per game?

Nvm. I just tried it and it doesn't seem to work with PSO. Although you could try using "Geforce Experience", which lets you set different color/brightness settings (etc) on a per-game basis via the overlay. No idea if it will work with PSO though.

Last edited:
Back